How can I restore file paths?

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Greetings all!

I created a few figures on my old machine. I just built a new computer, but rather than transferring all the data from the old computer I opted to install all my daz stuff from scratch, well, the native Daz Studio stuff, particularly all the morphs and such for Genesis as on the old computer after playing with 4.5 for a month or two I had files everywhere. The nature of teh scattered files is another story that I don't want to revisit ...

Anyway on this new computer I have everything installed to the default directories, just about all of my scenes and characters load in flawlessly, however there are a few that come up with errors and it appears the errors are due to missing morphs. DS is looking for the morphs in "/content/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis/Base/Morphs/DAZ 3D/" but that exact file path doesn't exist even though these morphs are indeed installed on my computer. I would really prefer not to create this directory and dump my 250g content/data folder into it just to appease DS... is there a way to fix the incorrect file path without relocating the 'data' folder? I mean even if there's a plugin I would gladly pay for it...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

Looks as if they were mis-installed on the old system, the path should not include the Content folder. What format are the files you are loading in?

• edited December 1969

Yep :) misinstalled... :)

the files are both .duf files

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

OK, you may need to decompress them - you can just use an archive utility or the Batch Convert pane in DAZ Studio - but a .duf file is editable. Make a copy, open it in a text editor, if that's giberish decompress it and open that in a text editor, and search for content/data, replacing it with plain data, save and try opening that in DS.