suddenly an opengl error

I did not have this before.. but today suddenly DAZ does not open and i get an error

see image

what to do ?

daz.jpg
970 x 255 - 51K

Comments

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300

Join the club. ;)

I also get this error from time to time. I reported it to the Help Desk, maybe you should too? Let them know it's not an isolated issue. I would not be surprised to hear it is just a Microsoft issue, but it may be a Microsoft-DS incompatability. I guess the Devs will try to find out (especially if more people report it).

Can you also use the DIM installer for DAZ? Mine has stopped working.

As far as what to do about it... I have found that a restart sometimes works, or forcing a complete reinstallation of the display driver using the graphics card manufacturer's own installation program, not Windows 10 driver upgrade system.

• efron_24efron_24 Posts: 473

some one told me to unintall Daz and install it agian.

I have more computers... 2 old ones and 2 pretty new ones..

I unplugged the pc that curently has DAZ ... and used the cables for screen, mouse and keyboard on another pc

Now that i put in all the cables again.. it seems to have forgotten it was all ok.

Did you do / have a simular thing ?

I have no problems with the install..  (yet)

Unfortunately DIM is also not working at the moment. I don't know if a manual install of DS is possible or a good idea.

• What security software are you running? McAfee has been causing issues for a few weeks now.

edited December 2017

I use Norton 360. This normally works well with Windows and DS. I suppose one or both of them could have changed in a way that changes that cooperative state.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • I'm using Norton, though Internet Security rather than 360, so it probably isn't that. I'm not sure what else to suggest

I have been discussing the fact that DIM is not working on my system with the Help Desk, on and off now, for nearly 2 weeks. Still there is no solution.

Whilst I can't update DS, it also means I have now stopped buying products from the DAZ store.