IK Target + NLA problem

I am trying to add the IK Target into an NLA clip, but cannot solve it.

Character only first: Created clip and pose > No problem

Add IK Target and made Animation group (Character + IK Targets) > No problem

But trying to create clip / pose: I can create them, but only written keyframes for animation group itself (1x), character (1x) and the IK Targets. No other keyframes in the clip.

In this clip in edit mode I can NOT: create keyframes, write keyframes by movements. The keyframes are written outside the clip, so in the grey area. All other bones should be red in edit mode, but they are grey.

The character is the same. Tried new scene, same scene.

In other words, how do I get the IK Targets with the character into an NLA clip /pose.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

I'm not sure that the IK Targets should be in the Animation Group. That might possibly be the issue - no guarantees but might be worth a try.

• PjotterPjotter Posts: 274

Yes, but that is the problem. I want them to be in the animation group. If I create a sequence of movements with IK, I want to transfer all this to a different figure with the same bone setup.

If you set up an animation with IK Targets and then save an NLA Clip, I'm pretty sure that the joint movements are captured within the Clip - ie. you don't need the IK targets any more to apply it to another figure.

• PjotterPjotter Posts: 274

Well Phil, your previous response was not a direct solution, but it got me thinking. Because of that I tried, before reading your last reply, what you just said and you are right. I thought I needed the IK target for the destination character also. But this is not true. Because I added IK target to the destination character I got weird results. Whish I had asked this a while back. Would have saved me many hours. Thanks.

Glad you found a solution.