"lThigh" parameters blank...

RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hello -

I'm currently working with a V4-based character that has the "Perfect Fixes" from Renderosity installed (for limb bending/smoothing). The base V4 that I got recently is fine, but I noticed that the "Perfect V4" I made by installing the Perfect Fixes", and a character that I built from that, do not show any parameters in the Parameters Tab when the left thigh is selected. All of the fixes work fine). If I expand the items in the Scene Tab, I notice that there is only a "-" where it should say "lThigh", but manually renaming the selection does not restore the Paramaters display. I can select and pose the thigh with the Universal Tool, but not having parameters is inconvenient. Does anyone have ideas as to why this is occurring and how I can correct it?

Thank you

Comments

• RenderPretenderRenderPretender Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

Also, if this is any help, the Scene expansion "sees" the lThigh, but in the Parameters Tab, the dropdown expansion at the top left of the display does not. It's very puzzling... almost as if the lThigh is not "indexed" in such a way to make it detectable in the Parameters Tab. Yet, I can select/pose lThigh with the Universal Tool.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Something is not right with your Perfect V4 here is my lThigh in Parameters, it has 100 fixes.

Capture4.png
    360 x 775 - 44K
    edited May 2013

No way I can fix it without deleting it and starting all over again? I suppose the question is why Daz doesn't see the lThigh to index it in Parameters, but I can use the Universal Tool on it.

Post edited by RenderPretender on
    edited December 1969

Interestingly, I tried loading my Perfect V4 from the Content Library instead of Windows Explorer, and it's fine. It's the Perfect one, too... not the default one. So if that's fixed it's the good news. The bad news is that I guess I'll have to start all over on the character that's based on her. I guess I can save that character's shape (without any fixes) and apply it to the now-working Perfect V4 without re-introducing the problem. I'm not sure what happened here...

edited May 2013

I just think the Perfect V4 injector miss fired. Just follow the instructions again, Copy the first one you did to a temp place. Then see if the new one injected the morphs properly. If it does just delete the bad one.

The reason you can still move the leg is because the mesh is there and the bones, just the Perfect morphs are not loaded.

BIG EDIT: Never load your content into DS from explorer, always use the DS loads. If you don't things happen, as you have seen.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

The Perfect V4 Base seems to have the fixes properly injected now.

Now, my issue is how to rebuild my other character. I tried to save a shaping preset from the character, and that worked. But when I try to apply the shape, or any shape preset, to my Perfect V4 Base, nothing happens. Am I going to be relegated to manually rebuilding this character from scratch, or can you not apply Daz shape presets to anything but Genesis?

edited December 1969

masi3vee said:
    The Perfect V4 Base seems to have the fixes properly injected now.

Now, my issue is how to rebuild my other character. I tried to save a shaping preset from the character, and that worked. But when I try to apply the shape, or any shape preset, to my Perfect V4 Base, nothing happens. Am I going to be relegated to manually rebuilding this character from scratch, or can you not apply Daz shape presets to anything but Genesis?

Due to the way Perfect V4 is made you need to Inject the extra morphs before you shape it beyond the Perfect morphs. Your trying (I think) to inject a preset (your character) to a base Perfect V4 shape. That will not work. The other morphs that you used to modify the Perfect V4 will need to be injected before the Preset will work. But you are lucky, DS does have a SAVE that keeps all the morphs used and that is what you need.

Once you inject all the morphs and use the preset (which should then work) or you re-build the character you Save As>Scene or Save As>Scene Subset in DS4. In DS3 just Save As>Scene, you can then load that file and go on with work or you can Merge that file (the full character) into any other scene your working on. I do it all the time. I hope this helps you.
    edited December 1969

I think I'm understanding you, thanks. What I'm trying to do is take a character that I built on Perfect V4 and Pretty Base IV, and apply her shape and material settings to a Perfect V4 Base. But you're saying I have to apply the Perfect V4 to the V4 Base first. Correct?

Also, how do I actually save the "custom" character's shape and material settings? Do I have to do those separately in the "Deprecated" section of "Save"?

edited May 2013

No. I'm saying Inject all the needed morphs into the Perfect V4, shape your character with all the morphs, add the texture you wish to use then in DS do File>Save As>Scene or in DS4.5 File>Save As>Scene Subset

File Menu>Save As selected option>Scene enter a Name and save to a Default DS folder. I use V4 Characters. That saves it just the way it was when you saved. It makes a Icon in the folder you Have open in Content that you then can Load (double click) or Merge (Right Click on Icon) at anytime.

Capture4.png
    466 x 581 - 64K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Here is one of my Character Folders, a double click loads what you see on the Icon into my empty scene. Or as shown a right click opens a menu that offers the Merge option.

Capture5.png
    348 x 369 - 24K
    Capture4.png
    321 x 239 - 22K
    edited December 1969

Thank you for going to all the trouble to help... I think it paid off, and I bookmarked this thread. I managed to get it solved before you posted again, but I did it by using the Perfect Fixes instructions for "custom characters", which I now know applies to mine. There are about 6 steps to it, but basically, I rebuilt my custom character from a default V4, and then exported it as a .cr2, and then ran the Perfect V4 script against it. That injects the Perfect Fix channels into it and converts it to a new Perfect Custom Character. Then I inject the fixes and save it as a scene or scene subset. It's a little cumbersome, but it works, and that's how I'll build my V4-based characters from now on, I suppose. Incidentally, the thigh issue is fixed. Still not sure what happened, though there appears to be a reason for that Custom Character procedure. So, I think I'm in business, largely thanks to you!