Cant figure out how to use DS 4.10 at all

I have been using DS for years and have gained some experience in it, although I am by no means any sort of expert. My Mac crashed and burned about a week ago, and the upshot was that I lost just about everything, well things like Daz studio itself for example. I am pretty sure i was running 4.9 prior to the crash and had not bothered with Daz connect or indeed installing content using DIM for some previous versions, preferring to add content manually.

Anyway having been forced to clean install the latest mac operating system High Sierra OSX 10.13. i was left with an almost virgin machine, and had to install Daz studio from scratch. The version available was 4.10, couldn't see any other version on offer. So I did that and since then have been totally lost. The previous format for the content was through my library and then using the poser and dad options, but I can find nothing anymore. Where for instance are my base figures, like V4 and G2 and so on. How do I load Victoria or Genesis?  How do I access my daz purchased content and use content from third parties and freebies.

I can't even find any guide for this version to give any clue how things work.

So any help please, guides tutorials explanations would be really useful

Comments

• Have you reinstalled your content? If you used DIM it should appear as it did before - the chnages are additions, not repalcements. Even content isntalled with Connect will appear under Daz studio Formats/Poser Formats in the virtual Daz Connect folder (it isn't a real folder but an amalgam of all the things installed via Connect).

• hyteckithyteckit Posts: 167
    edited December 2017

Just started using Daz about 2 weeks ago and bought a bunch of content. Running DS 4.10 on my Mac and PC. Everything was downloaded and installed through DIM (Daz Install Manager). All my purchases show up in Ready to Download.

However, after installing, some of my stuff don't show up in smart content. I've tried to install through Daz Connect. Still doesn't show up.

Have to figure out where things all. Found out many of the V4 (Victoria 4) add-ons don't have meta-data. So I have to find the location of the files under Content Library. Stuff appear under Poser Formats. Guess stuff lke V4 addons are the old Poser format?

Post edited by hyteckit on
  • Yes, most Victoria 4 content will be Poser format - and may not be set up for Samrt Content. If you look at the Installed tab of Install Manager items with metadata (for Smart Content etc.) will have a tick next to them.