the trx installation type

keithmlkeithml Posts: 18
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi. This is probably covered somewhere, but I was only able to find info on the older ds and dpc installation files, not the trx installers. What is the trx installation type and what does it include?

Keith

Comments

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

TRX are DS4 installers and tend to be Genesis specific content the trx stands for the TriAx weight mapping which is used on genesis and genesis content.

Just be aware that any texture add-ons that you get for Genesis outfits or hairs still tend to show up with .ds in the file path and if they are genesis only they wont be a poser or .dpc version.

• keithmlkeithml Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

So do you install both the TRX and the DPC files to work with DAZ or does the TRX file contain the other content as well? An example is Chelsea Hair which contains both the TRX and the DPC files.

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

The trx installs the genesis fits and the dpc installs the other fits that comes with the hair you can install both to the same location /my documents/My Library.

The Genesis part will show up Under Daz studio Formats - Daz studio4-Content- Genesis- Hair-SWAM- Chelsea.
    The Poser formats will show up under Poser formats DAZ Studio 4- SWAM-Hair- Chelsea

I don't use smart content only folder view so this is how it show up for me