"Get Them While You Can!" If Not… Well… "There's Always Another Sale™"

Comments

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

"I'm dreaming of a Daz Glitchmas..." ;)

hahah I like that one! But for the PAs it would be a "Nightmare Before Glitchmas". :P

• "I'm dreaming of a Daz Glitchmas..." ;)

hahah I like that one! But for the PAs it would be a "Nightmare Before Glitchmas". :P

Could be...But, since I've been all but absent from this sale, it might spur some buying frenzy.  There are lots of new products I'd like, but sadly the old wallet is dropping out nothing but bits of lint and an occasional dog hair. 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I've already bought all I wanted but one pro bundle. I still have to buy the Zev0 Aging morphs when they come out. The set of female fibre mesh eyebrows (but the male ones work too and I can do Brooke Shields and others). And the rest I can pick & choose indivual characters, hair, and clothing if any of it is sufficiently dForce and wow! because I'm satuarated now.

Maybe now that my buying is winding down I can learn DAZ more in depth.

• LianaLiana Posts: 1,035

"I'm dreaming of a Daz Glitchmas..." ;)

ROFL!!  :)

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I didn't get the Supervillains reference in today's banner. Until I took a closer look at the products. I could swear the one product was a Surveillance Conference Room the first time I looked at sales page. Anyway, another great utility from KA, the Iray Clothing Decal Kit is a must have for me. Now trying to decide if I should grab one or more of the deep-discount Top Sellers... as I've already blown through nearly 60% of this months budget. Decisions, decisions.

Where's Mr. Glitch when I need him? laugh

edited December 2017
    L'Adair said:

I didn't get the Supervillains reference in today's banner. Until I took a closer look at the products. I could swear the one product was a Surveillance Conference Room the first time I looked at sales page. Anyway, another great utility from KA, the Iray Clothing Decal Kit is a must have for me. Now trying to decide if I should grab one or more of the deep-discount Top Sellers... as I've already blown through nearly 60% of this months budget. Decisions, decisions.

Where's Mr. Glitch when I need him? laugh

Yeah, I think most have probably spent their Daz December budget already (or didn't have much of one as they had to save for buying Christmas presents). So it will probably need to be something pretty spectacular to get people to spend a bit more at Daz right now. lol Having said that though, I know a lot of people get cash for Christmas (or return unwanted gifts for cash lol) so there probably will be a lot more spending here and more active people here after Christmas. That's just my guess though, as I don't recall how it went last year here around Christmas. 

I went looking for this thread earlier and found it on the second page - which is rare, from what I can tell. So you know people have to be pretty busy with Christmas get-togethers, Christmas shopping, etc right now.

Personally, I'm nearly 2,000 miles from family and friends and have already mailed off Christmas presents so... yeah. No running around or busyness for me. That's ok, gives me more time to work on my products. :D It is hard to be away from family again this year but it's definitely made me more productive. heheh 

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Only just checking back in... What all HAS this thread been named?? XD

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,737
    ArtAngel said:
    Taoz said:
    y3kman said:

Hmm, today's promo doesn't suit me since I don't buy starter bundles.

Speaking of starter bundles, can you ask the sales department to flag them as purchased if you already own the corresponding pro bundle?

The starter bundle and it's parts should show as purchased on their respective pages. Also, if I've purchased and try to purchase, trying to add to the cart, takes me to my Product Library.

The Starter versions of all the Pro Bundles I own are always available for me to purchase, even though I own all the included items.  I've often wondered why they don't automatically hide as "item I own."  I have to be careful, so I don't accidentally rebuy things I already own.  I just tried it now with Josie 7 Starter.  Yep, np putting her in the cart and being charged, even though I already own the pro bundle.

I'm not sure why. I always have to unhide items bought as a mod to check and test things and it always shows what's purchased, not on the store pages, but on the product pages. But, as I mentioned, if I try to buy something already purchased, it goes directly to my Product Library.

It doesn't flag the starter bundles as purchased though, even though you own everything in the bundle - like if if you bought the pro bundle. So if you're not careful you can forget you have the pro bundle and purchase the starter bundle. The starter bundles should, imo, be grayed out as "bought" if you already own the pro bundle.

I discussed this with one of their developers some years ago; it's a feature that's difficult and risky (potential bugs that may be difficult to fix) to implement because of some limitations in the database. So they didn't have any plans for trying to fix it.

That is the most stupid thing I have ever heard.The fix is It is something similar to this

<?php 
    if( $probundle == 1 ): {
    echo "You own the Starter bundle!";
     elseif (probundle xxx ==1) {
    echo "buy this starter bundle";
    } else {
     echo "you own this starter bundle";
    endif;

?>

Well it's not that simple to implement into the current system according to the explanation they gave me. I'm not sure I can post it here though as I had to sign an NDA to get the information they gave me at that time. But among others there are also performance issues to consider.

edited December 2017
    Personally, I'm nearly 2,000 miles from family and friends and have already mailed off Christmas presents so... yeah. No running around or busyness for me. That's ok, gives me more time to work on my products. :D It is hard to be away from family again this year but it's definitely made me more productive. heheh 

One of the benefits of not having family hanging around is the ability to pick up gifts all year 'round, and not have to hide them. I swear there are still gifts in this house that were never given because I did such a good job of hiding them, I couldn't find them again! The downside, besides not seeing people you love often enought, is the cost of shipping all those gifts. Unless you're Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc., shipping charges are through the roof! I'll bet FedEx and UPS are on Santa's naughty list!

Post edited by L'Adair on
    edited December 2017
    L'Adair said:

One of the benefits of not having family hanging around is the ability to pick up gifts all year 'round, and not have to hide them. I swear there are still gifts in this house that were never given because I did such a good job of hiding them, I couldn't find them again! The downside, besides not seeing people you love often enought, is the cost of shipping all those gifts. Unless you're Amazon, Walmart, Target, etc., shipping charges are through the roof! I'll bet FedEx and UPS are on Santa's naughty list!

LOL Well this year my husband and I went the lazy route, we sent people Visa gift cards (so they can just spend the money everywhere that takes Visa cards). We've experimented with that in the past and not only is it MUCH cheaper to send gift cards but people seem to like having the money/gift card better than a random gift (that way they can choose their own gifts - since no one knows what they like better than them lol). I know it seems impersonal, but people have seemed to like it better, so... yeah. lol Personally, I like Visa gift cards better as well. Who needs another ugly sweater when I can buy something at Daz or do some other online shopping? heheh

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • Glitch alert!  The Catch Up Sale 2015-2016 Top Sellers category is currently basing at 70% off instead of the advertised 50% off.  Loyalty discount applies from there, so they total at 83% off for me.

On the other hand, the Holiday Sale Add Ons are either coming up with only 40% off or no sale at all.

Get the sale while you can!

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787

On the other hand, the Holiday Sale Add Ons are either coming up with only 40% off or no sale at all.

The Add-ons show the propper discount in the cart for me...

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Glitch alert!  The Catch Up Sale 2015-2016 Top Sellers category is currently basing at 70% off instead of the advertised 50% off.  Loyalty discount applies from there, so they total at 83% off for me.

Not sure if this is a glitch or not but since I missed every positive glitch and only have gotten negative glitches lately, I took advantage of this and Daz got a lot of money I would not have spent at the previous prices so I see this as a win/win for both. Maybe they did this on purpose to increase sales. If so, it worked!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Well I installed @ATI Chrome DAZ Sale plugin yesterday & already used it to buy the Pose Assembly Line & Pose Doctor products that went on sale today at big discounts. Thanks ATI.

• I bought so many things that I wouldn't have bought if not for the great discounts! Now... to make time to use them all is another matter! Thanks, Daz and PAs!

• Glitch alert!  The Catch Up Sale 2015-2016 Top Sellers category is currently basing at 70% off instead of the advertised 50% off.  Loyalty discount applies from there, so they total at 83% off for me.

Glitch alert!  The Catch Up Sale 2015-2016 Top Sellers category is currently basing at 70% off instead of the advertised 50% off.  Loyalty discount applies from there, so they total at 83% off for me.

Not sure if this is a glitch or not but since I missed every positive glitch and only have gotten negative glitches lately, I took advantage of this and Daz got a lot of money I would not have spent at the previous prices so I see this as a win/win for both. Maybe they did this on purpose to increase sales. If so, it worked!

Well, it was up pretty much all day but it is over now.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,592

Well, I guess that made up for cashing in on the glitches earleir this month since I had quite a few 2015/2016 top sellers in my cart for the glitch discount price. Went to pick up the GF from the airport and now that discount is gone, LOL Oh well, better luck next time.

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707

The stuff in the  Add-Ons section is still showing some deep discounts.

mr clam said:

The stuff in the  Add-Ons section is still showing some deep discounts.

As far as I can tell, none of those discounts are glitches, as was the 70% off mentioned above. If you have the Daz Deals browser plugin, sort by % Off. That will put the Daz Originals and Featured Artist products to the top, right after the PC+ products, if you're a member.

• Ah.

So.... THIS is the fun thread now. smiley

Good to know. wink

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,787

Ah.

Good to know. wink

Hi Jasmine!  It's been a while...  smiley

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,592

Ah.

Good to know. wink

Every thread you are in is the fun thread! wink

• Not sure if this is a glitch or not but since I missed every positive glitch and only have gotten negative glitches lately, I took advantage of this and Daz got a lot of money I would not have spent at the previous prices so I see this as a win/win for both. Maybe they did this on purpose to increase sales. If so, it worked!

I was mighty surprised how long it went on.  I might have gone back to the well two or three times.  :-D

• Not sure if this is a glitch or not but since I missed every positive glitch and only have gotten negative glitches lately, I took advantage of this and Daz got a lot of money I would not have spent at the previous prices so I see this as a win/win for both. Maybe they did this on purpose to increase sales. If so, it worked!

I was mighty surprised how long it went on.  I might have gone back to the well two or three times.  :-D

Sometimes a "glitch" might be a deep-discount sale disguised as a glitch.

• mr clammr clam Posts: 707
    L'Adair said:
    mr clam said:

As far as I can tell, none of those discounts are glitches, as was the 70% off mentioned above. If you have the Daz Deals browser plugin, sort by % Off. That will put the Daz Originals and Featured Artist products to the top, right after the PC+ products, if you're a member.

It's back to normal now, but things that are currently getting a 72% discount were going for 89-92% off earlier in the day. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-17 at 6.14.56 PM.png
    573 x 154 - 30K
    edited December 2017
    mr clam said:
    L'Adair said:

It's back to normal now, but things that are currently getting a 72% discount were going for 89-92% off earlier in the day.

Sorry, I don't see that as being "back to normal." Slender Stephanie, for example, is 40% off to start with as a Featured PA product, which jumps up to 50%, with a new release in your cart. Then you apply the 60%, and follow that with your loyalty discount. (Mine is 30%)

Here's the math:

1. Without a new release: $11.95 - 40% = $7.17; $7.17 - 60% = $2.87; $2.87 - 30% = $2.01
    2. With a new release: $11.95 - 50% = $5.98; $5.98 - 60% = $2.39; $2.39 - 30% = $1.67

The 72% off on Slender Stepanie in cart is the glitch. The Feature Artist discount is not being applied. (I checked the sales page, too, and there is no disclaimer stating discounts do not stack for Addons in both a Top Seller category and a Featured Artist catalog.)

Richard? Can we get this fixed, pretty please? Thank you.heart

ETA: I added 60 items from the "Holiday Sale Add Ons" page, all with 40% discounts displayed on the listing page. Every single one came up as 72% off in the cart. So it appears none of these items are getting their Featured Artists' discounts. Adding a Debut new release had no effect on the discounts. I can provide a screenshot, if you need one.

Post edited by L'Adair on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    edited December 2017

The extra discount worked for me when I had a debut item in the cart with it (not sure if a still new item would have worked) so I also purchased two new debut items I would have normally just put in my wishlist so Daz did OK with my purchases! I missed the freebie glitch and this definitely benefited Daz financially so I don't feel bad about it, and not sure if it even was a glitch. They made a lot of money they wouldn't have! And really, it was just an extra 11% off which is not at all like getting something free. Which I missed. And am still seething with jealousy over everyone who got that one... 

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

Wait, there was a glitch I missed again?

y3kman said:

Depends on which glitch. The latest glitch is still there. Only this time, it's in Daz's favor! Looks like, (speculation,) the tech fixing the 70% off glitch got a little over-zealous with the rules and took off the Featured Artists' discounts on the Addons.

L'Adair said:
    y3kman said:

Depends on which glitch. The latest glitch is still there. Only this time, it's in Daz's favor! Looks like, (speculation,) the tech fixing the 70% off glitch got a little over-zealous with the rules and took off the Featured Artists' discounts on the Addons.

Be careful what you wish for (*points at thread title*). :P I hear you though, I'm sure there are people waiting to check out if they would just fix the glitch. This is probably the last night of this sale (that's just a guess though, I could be wrong of course). 

This discussion has been closed.