Bryce for Mac 7.5

edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

I have been a Bryce owner since it was KPT Bryce. I have created wonderful scenery and objects that I use in my work. Last year my computer was stolen and I replaced it with a new Mac. I own Bryce 6, but wanted to update it to Bryce 7. I downloaded it from the web site but much to my dismay it does not work. I did talk to someone at DAZ & they had no idea when or if the problem would be fixed. This is a travesty. Imagine if we all went to work one day and discovered Photoshop no longer existed. Then what?

As far as I know there is no other software that does what Bryce does. It's like poking out the eyes of a painter…we're all screwed because we can no longer do our craft. If money is an issue then charge for the upgrade. I would willing pay the price. Also if you need more front end users of the product then advertise it on tv or something.

Please advise…
Michael Chambers

Comments

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

Please advise…
    Michael Chambers

Please advise of what?
    You know as much as we do... Bryce doesn't work on Mountain Lion.
    We are told the Mountain Loin issue will be a priority when Bryce gets it's next update but there is no news as to when that will be.

Run it on an old Mac or use Parallels and either set up a virtual machine running Leopard or install Windows.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

THere is a sticky at the top of the forum, in an attempt to stop getting this sort of post.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/19948/

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Short answer: You're screwed.

Not quite as short answer: The best method of getting Bryce to work on an iMac machine made this decade is to get a copy of Mac OS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and install this system on a hard drive partition. Then boot your computer from this system, and load this partition up with your legacy software.

Snow Leopard is still available online at various outlets, but is probably not available directly from Apple's App Store (as of May, 2013)

Chohole: perhaps you could mention this in your sticky?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Added it, thanks Oroboros.

edited December 1969

Perhaps you could add this link too:

Snow Leopard at the Mac Store for £14

;-)

• OroborosOroboros Posts: 326
    edited December 1969

Yeah... I did look for Snow Leopard and found it online at the Apple Store, but Snow Leopard is definitely NOT available through Apple's App store - Apple's dedicated online shopping client.

edited December 1969

Apple are funny like that. I guess the majority of Apps wont run on Snow Leopard nowadays so it's pointless selling an OS on the App Store that won't run the Apps in the App Store. :-) Having said that I'm sure I read a post here recently where someone said that Bryce was available in the App Store... which is a bit odd especially as it was at full price and not the knock down price people can purchase it directly from DAZ for.

Apple do still provide full tech support for Snow Leopard though so though it may be old, it's not totally abandoned by Apple (or by me).

I just thought it may be more helpful to give a link where people could buy it than tell them were they couldn't. :-)