Taking to the skies...

kickajetkickajet Posts: 1
edited April 2018 in Art Studio

A long time Carrara user, I decided its time to actually share some of my work, from the last nearly 15+ years of 3D work, almost all of which was in Carrara (Started back with v4)...

Other forums I am active on (Just search for me "japme”):

www.military-meshes.com

www.foundation3d.com

www.scifi-meshes.com

I'm an member of the US military, and  most of my 3D work is of aircraft, however I have dabbled in other areas... sci-fi, interior, landscape, cars, ships... completely self-taught, I use nothing other than Carrara (8.5 Pro) and different versions of Adobe Photoshop.

That being said, here are some of the different aircraft I have modelled over the years.

Gloster Meteor

(Finished)

Tupolev MDR-2

(Finished)

Beriev BE-12

(Base model complete, no textures/detailing)

Fairchild Republic A-10 Warthog

(Finished)

(A canvas print hangs in the commanders office, for the 25th Fighter Squadron, at Osan AB, in South Korea.)

Lockheed U-2

(Finished...v2... complete re-texture/detailing)

(A canvas print hangs in the commanders office, for the 5th Reconnaisance Squadron, at Osan AB, in South Korea.)

(A canvas print hangs in the commanders office, for the 5th Reconnaisance Squadron, at Osan AB, in South Korea.)

General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon 

(Finished, fully rigged: canopy, control surfaces, landing gear, radar, tailcone... went through 4 rebuilds... 4+ years...)

(A canvas print hangs in the 20th Fighter Wing Headquarters, at Shaw AFB, South Carolina.)

Chance-Vaught F4U Corsair 

(Finished, fully rigged control surfaces, detailed cockpit/engine/gear bays, static landing gear... 2 rebuilds... all panels are separate pieces...)

McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II

(Base model complete, basic textures... will finish in the future)

McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle

(Complete. Fully rigged control surfaces, tailcones. Detailed cockpit. Static landing gear... built a single wing, to try a new method... came back 2 years later and built the rest of the aircraft...)

Lockheed P-80 Shooting Star

(Finished model. Rigged control surfaces. Detailed cockpit. Might build landing gear at later date.)

Grumman F-11F Tiger

(Finished model. No textures or landing gear... future project.)

Post edited by kickajet on

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wow I am seriously impressed!  Planes aren't really my thing but your passion for them and your attention to detail clearly comes through in these. 

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

Incredible work!