Morph creation for daz inside hexagon

Wanting to create identical morphs for left and right side of daz character inside hexagon using symetry tool.  But once sent back to daz I want to be able to apply separate morph sliders, one for the left side and one for the right.  Any advice. 

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 2017

Using Morph Loader Pro to import the morphs as OBJ, rather than sending them across the bridge, there are Attentuate and Symmetry options which can be use to control the way the new shape is loaded. Most of these options are also avaialble in the dialogue for the hexagon bridge if you enable the Advanced mode, Edit>Preferences>Bridges (or Daz Studio>Preferences>Bridges on a Mac)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Hey Richard 

Thanks very much for your prompt response to my question.  I'm going to give it a look and a try in the morning.

Keepin" my fingers crossed.

Thanks again,

Roland 

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited January 2018

Using Morph Loader Pro to import the morphs as OBJ, rather than sending them across the bridge, there are Attentuate and Symmetry options which can be use to control the way the new shape is loaded. Most of these options are also avaialble in the dialogue for the hexagon bridge if you enable the Advanced mode, Edit>Preferences>Bridges (or Daz Studio>Preferences>Bridges on a Mac)

Would that be "Morph Mirroring" in the Hexagon Bridge import dialogue (Advanced enabled)?

I'm never quite sure what all of these options do but when I have used Morph Loader Pro I usually change "Create Control Property" and "Reverse Deformations" to Yes out of habit (I must have followed a tutorial sometime and it stuck). 

Capture.JPG
    590 x 564 - 33K
    Post edited by marble on
  • Mirroring would be the symmetry option, I had the label mis-remembered. Attentuate by lets you restrict which areas of the mesh are affected, by their grouping or by a weight map from a dForm. Create Control Property isn't usually needed, I feel, as with current figures the morph is on the figure root anyway (it was useful with legacy rigs to put a figure-level control for a morph that loaded on a body part). Reverse Deformations subtracts the effect of the existing posing and shaping, leaving only your changes - vital for creating JCMs and the like, or for a character based on another character's shape.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Mirroring would be the symmetry option, I had the label mis-remembered. Attentuate by lets you restrict which areas of the mesh are affected, by their grouping or by a weight map from a dForm. Create Control Property isn't usually needed, I feel, as with current figures the morph is on the figure root anyway (it was useful with legacy rigs to put a figure-level control for a morph that loaded on a body part). Reverse Deformations subtracts the effect of the existing posing and shaping, leaving only your changes - vital for creating JCMs and the like, or for a character based on another character's shape.

Thanks for the explanations, Richard. Still a little in the dark though: I mostly make morphs for clothing, either to improve the fit on a custom character or to create movement morphs (wind blown, skirt draping while posed, etc.). Would I require Control Property and/or Reverse Deformations for such morphs?

• Reverse Deformations yes when improving the fit (if you mean adjusting after posing) - otherwise you'd get the sahpe chnages from the pose/hspe twice, nce set diectly and once from the morph. Control property, probably not but it's not going to do any hamr - it doesn't affect the way the morph works, just whether an extra remote control property is created for it.

• barrieMbarrieM Posts: 282

Can Hexagon create Morphing objects with control sliders that can be exported to DS?

• Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited February 2018

BarrieM - Yes you can create morphing objects with Hexagon, here's a quick video on where I make a drawer unit -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMpJ5gZaWdE

Please bear in mind this does not work properly with Iray, so make your materials 3Delight before sending anything from DAZ Studio to Hexagon.

Sorry, no sound and I do move a bit fast but I am usually here. If you want I can always do a step-by-step with screen grabs if you thing that would be useful.

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on
  • Wee Dangerous JohnWee Dangerous John Posts: 1,605
    edited February 2018

Double post- Sorry :(

Post edited by Wee Dangerous John on