Help... Installing Character "Elixir" From renderosity.com DAZ 4.5 pro

mxstyliemxstylie Posts: 114
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Hello,
I have purchased the character "Elixir" from the renderosity.com website and am having trouble making it work. I have watched tutorials on youtube none of which seem to be very good. I have also tried following the instructions in the readme file and it also does not work. The files show up in my DAZ content library although they are not organized like the files I installed from DAZ products and when I choose to apply them to the Genesis character it is unable to find the files. I have gone back and deleted everything from Elixir so now my content is back to how it was before. This is the first time I am trying to use content not purchased from DAZ. Any help would be much appreciated.

Here is a link to the character
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/elixir/95146/

Thanks,
- Levi

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

I don't have this item, but it looks like there are a number of required products for it, V4 Morphs++ and the Genesis Evolution Head and Body Morphs (or at least the Head morphs), and the V4 shape for Genesis, do you have these products? If not, the character wont work properly.

The V4 items should just be added to the same runtime folder that contains V4, and Morphs++. The Genesis one should contain a folder called People where all the Genesis stuff goes.

I don;t see a Readme on the Product Page, did you get one with it? You would really need to list the contents of the ZIP file so taht we can help you.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2013

It says

.\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs\ADSI\Elixir\
    ElixirHead.dsf
    ElixirHead.png

..\My Library\People\Genesis\Characters\ADSI\Elixir\
    !!Elixir INJ.dsa
    !!Elixir INJ.png
    !!Elixir REM.dsf
    !!Elixir REM.png

and

..\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\ADSI\Elixir\MATs\

..\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\ADSI\Elixir\MATs SSS\

plus

..\Runtime\Libraries\Pose\ADSI\Elixir\

Textures here

..\Runtime\Textures\ADSI\Elixir\

from the readme.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • mxstyliemxstylie Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Okay I found this in the readme file.
    Required Products:
    - Victoria 4.2, Morphs++
    - Genesis with V4 Shapes for Genesis Morph

It looks like you are right JimmyC. I will go ahead and purchase these products and go from there. I am able to find the Victotria 4.2 here on DAZ3d.com but I am having trouble finding the other two (Morphs++ and Genesis with V4 Shapes for Genesis Morph). Once I find them hopefully I will be back on track. Thanks guys for the direction.

- Levi

edited December 1969

The Morphs++ bundle is here: http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-2-morphs

V4 and M4 shapes for Genesis are here: http://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis

But you may need the Evolution Head Morphs for Genesis as well: http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-head-morphs I am not sure if you need the Body morphs as well?

It is a lot of expense to go to for one character. You only need the Genesis stuff if you are going to use that particular figure, the V4 one will look the same, in which case you would only need the Morphs++ bundle.

edited December 1969

Wow, okay so what I am understanding is I can create this character with the Morphs++ and Genesis Evlolution head morph only? Man, I guess the fact that I only paid just over $6 for the Elixir character I might hold off on this for now and work with the Aiko5 that I already have. You're right it does get a bit expensive and I need some other content as well. I appreciate the help.

- Levi

edited December 1969

No, you would still need the V4 shape for Genesis as well, as far as I know, to have it look correctly on a Genesis figure.

What I meant was, you could buy the Morphs++ bundle for V4, and use your new character just on the V4 figure, OR, buy the Evolution Head Morphs and the V4 shape if you just wanted to use the new character on Genesis. Of course, you could buy both lots and use the new figure on V4 and Genesis.

If you already have some V4 characters which you like, there is also a plugin called GenX (Generation X) whcih will tranfer the characters over to work on Genesis, along with the Shape for V4. You may need the evolution Head and Body morphs as well though, I'm not sure.

It can all get very expensive. If you are just strting out, and don't have a lot of V4 charcters and clothing, then, if I were you, I would stick with Genesis for the moment. The Evolution bundle is well worth looking at, and it does go on sale sometimes. There are also plenty of free characters for Genesis, and Morphs as well on ShareCG (Free) which is well worth looking into.

It is probably better to take it slowly in the beginning to see what direction you are going to head in, and then you will have a better idea of what you really need to buy. The forums are always here for advice.

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

mxstylie said:
    Wow, okay so what I am understanding is I can create this character with the Morphs++ and Genesis Evlolution head morph only? Man, I guess the fact that I only paid just over $6 for the Elixir character I might hold off on this for now and work with the Aiko5 that I already have. You're right it does get a bit expensive and I need some other content as well. I appreciate the help.

Most of the ADSI figures include a custom head morph and then a "dial-spun" body. You need the V4 shape for Genesis, as the morph was designed against V4 and then transferred to Genesis using GenX, so for the head to look correct, it needs the V4 base shape. The body will not be as fit/toned without Morphs++ (when using V4) or Genesis Evolution, but you can dial-spin your own body shape with the morphs you do have to create your own look based on your own personal tastes.

That said, the Genesis Evolution morphs are VERY useful to have. There are also DieTrying's free morphs at ShareCG that do similar things, but you will find that a LOT of content is designed around the presence of the Evolution morphs. There are a couple bundles with the the Evolution morphs; probably the best bundle (though it's expensive) is the V5+M5 combo bundle, as that gets you pretty much all the base stuff you'll ever need to support 95% of vendor content created for Genesis (though you still need to get the V4/M4 shapes separately).

Also, with the ADSI figures, you'll find there are files for applying the skins/makeup/etc in two locations: DAZ Studio Formats->People->Genesis->Characters->ADSI->charactername and Poser Formats->Pose->ADSI->charactername. In DAZ Studio, if you want to use the character on V4, first go to the Poser format location and install ONLY the shape injections from there. Then go to the Studio Genesis folder and use those presets to apply the skin/makeup, even on V4. That's because the Genesis versions have shader settings optimized for Studio, and since V4 and Genesis share the same material zones for the most part, the Genesis shaders will also work for V4.

edited December 1969

Thank you guys for the advice