Loading character into existing Studio scene changes all poses...

joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Has anyone else seen this? I have a scene I've constructed, and I load a character that's saved as another scene (all the morphs, transforms, scale, etc., but just the character) and when the new character loads into the scene I've been working on, all the poses and items are scattered helter-skelter all about the scene. If you hit the Undo button one - negating your last edit - the original characters go back to their positions and shapes, but the new character loaded is still in its skewed form. It's been driving me nuts for years, and I finally got frustrated enough to ask about it. I've tried locking all nodes, morphs, scale, et al, but it doesn't matter- it still loads in whatever method it does, screwing up everything else.

BTW: this is Studio 3A, but it's happened all the way back to Studio .8. (Remember those days?)

Thanks,

..Joe

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Are these animations? Is the key frame on the timeline jumping, even if they aren't meant to be animations?

• joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
    edited May 2013

EDIT- Yes, you're right. It's jumping about 50 frames on the lower (red) Timeline. I don't do animations - in Studio or anywhere else - so I have no idea how this is happening. Any idea how to stop it?

Thanks for pointing out the answer!

..Joe

Post edited by joegerardi on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

Does the scene open on the later frame on its own (not merging with another scene)? If so does dragging it back and resaving help when you do merge? I know that the problem of handling frame rates was one of the issues with .daz files, which is why we now have .duf instead.

• joegerardijoegerardi Posts: 226
    edited December 1969

Dragging the arrow back changes the pose the character has. I tried saving the pose and reapplying it, but that doesn't work- all the scales and morphs from the new pose don't come back.

Still experimenting with answer- I've been using the Poser Format Exporter to save my poses; I'm going to try saving it as a DAZ pose now.

..Joe