Having Difficulties Exporting Texture Offshets

edited December 1969 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)

Howdy,

Well I'm pretty new to Daz but already addicted. I've already started exporting models for animation via FBX. I've created some custom clothing and am not the greatest at it. Many time's I've had to offset my texture just a tad to the right or left to get it perfectly in the middle. It's really simple to do in Daz but when I export via FBX, the texture is there but the offset is gone and now the texture isn't perfectly aligned with the middle of the figure.

Is there a setting I am missing or a simple work around? I've used the layer image editor to solve simple issues by moving the image to the left or right. A couple of issues with this simple fix is that you cannot preview real time what it looks like by moving the texture image X amount. The other issue is with seams, if you move too much you end up messing up the seams on your texture. Any help woul dbe greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849
    edited December 1969

I'm not quite clear on what you are doing, but couldn't you use an image editor to offset the texture, using the template as a guide? Or edit the UVs in the destination application, if it doesn't allow repositioning of the texture.

• edited December 1969

I'm not quite clear on what you are doing, but couldn't you use an image editor to offset the texture, using the template as a guide? Or edit the UVs in the destination application, if it doesn't allow repositioning of the texture.

I'm already using a template but where I run into issues is if I'm just a little off with placement of a badge on the checst or zipper (something of the like) and nudge a little to the left or up, down etc. Sure I can go back into my image editor which is what I've had to do. Daz makes for really easy adjustments with the dials for horizontal and vertical adjustments. I can get things pretty much spot on perfefct. What I was looking for was a way to preserve that perfect centering I achieve with the dials in Daz and export in that fashion since Daz is the esiest way to correct those minor adjustments. If I use the layer editor in Daz I can make adjustments, but you end up moving the entire map so you can lose the seams. So the basic question is once you use the vertical and horizontal adjustments on your diffuse map in Daz and get everything perfect, is there a way to export the map in that same perfect state? Is adjusting in your image editor the only way to correct this? Meaning those awesome Daz sliders only help when using Daz? You also lose the degree of the map in Daz. Meaning the diffuse or specular color that you choose is preserved but if you chose 82% on your diffuse for a slightly darker image you lose thatas well upon export. Is there a way to preserve that. Oh... the reason I am exporting is for ease of animation. These adjustments can be made in the other program but it's basically having to redo the work you already did in Daz.