Ds4.9 64 bit suddenly not working

I get this error that says that it is not working and I should reinstall the program. But if I try I get another error. Downloaded 4.10 and tried that same thing. 32 bit opens fine. DO I have to uninstall before I reinstall? Also, if I uninstall will lose my data and scene and preset files?

Comments

• ChoppskiChoppski Posts: 441

oh, also had a recent windows update. But it worked for several days after the update. The error message says something about it not working in windows, though, so I wonder about that.

• Choppski said:

oh, also had a recent windows update. But it worked for several days after the update. The error message says something about it not working in windows, though, so I wonder about that.

Uninstall, then reinstall; your settings and other files will be safe. It seem there is something that dislikes certain files on certain users systems and deletes or truncates one that's critical for the application.

Thank you. I will try. It claimed that the dazcore.dll was not working or had changed, and in fact it had a newer date on the file. I will see if it works.

well, i uninstalled, but then it gets to installing content management service and stalls.

• Using McAfee as your security software? It has been doing this for several weeks, try turning it off (while disconnected), installing DS, turning McAfee back on and whitelisting DS.

I also got an error while retrying to install that the PostgreSQL CMS file had a problem. I installed it, did NOT get the PostgreSQL CMS issue. but had it hang at content management. THen I cancelled, tried installing again, and got the second message. It asked if I wanted to abort, retry or ignore, so I hit ignore, and then it got to the point of hanging again. I will try without mcaffee and see.

Nope, even with mcaffee off it won't work. stalls at the content management.

• Have you ever run DS as administrator? That can cause issues.

Have you ever run DS as administrator? That can cause issues.

I am not sure what you mean?If I have done it, I didn't know I was doing it. What's wierd is that ds4.9 for 64 bit wouldn't work (that is what I uninstalled. But ds 4.9 32 bit still works. The only problem is that if I load a figure in it and try to render, it crashes. Do I need to uninstall ds4.9  32 bit as well? I sent a ticket to tech support, but have not heard from them. I just don't understand why they installed and worked fine and now I can uninstall but not install. Mostly, I am gonna be irked if I have bought all this recent stuff and now cannot use the program.

• I meant right-click and select Run as Administrator, so I don't think you'd do it without noticing. Both 4.10 and 4.9 use the same database structure so I'm not at all sure why one would work and the other wouldn't.

I meant right-click and select Run as Administrator, so I don't think you'd do it without noticing. Both 4.10 and 4.9 use the same database structure so I'm not at all sure why one would work and the other wouldn't.

it is not that 4.9 is running and 4.10 is not or vise versa. 32 bit is running and 64 bit would not. So I uninstalled the 64 bit and tried to reinstall it and it hangs at content manager. Should I uninstall everything? I have a ticket it so I may just wait and see what they say.

I got an error message saying the dzcore.dll (or something like that) was not correct to work with windows and that I should reinstall the original software. So I thought uninstalling was the answer. only now I canno reinstall it. The recent windows update nixed my old version of photoshop which was end of life and cannot be renewed, so I have to install and need to purchase a new version, but as I only use it for postwork on daz renders, I may wait, because if I cannot use the software, what is the point. But there must be a way to get it to work.

• Depending on what you do, it may be worth giving Krita or Affinity Photo or Designer a look as PS replacements.

As for DS, it still sounds like leftovers from McAfee - and maybe your PS issues are related to that.

Well, not sure why, but I tried what you said again--disconnect, turn off mcaffee, try reinstall--it worked. hopefully it will keep working. what impresses me is that I didn't even have to put in the serial number and all the plugins are still there.

Thank you for your help.