Skins for scaley Deinonychus by AMLM

I love Deinonychus by AMLM (https://www.daz3d.com/dinosaurs-series-deinonychus-by-amlm). Especially since Deinonychus is my favorite dinosaur, I use him all the time, but there are only four possible combinations for a scaley Deinonychus. We have a green or orange body, and blue or orange eyes. I would recomend (and request) more scaley skins. Also, maybe some grasp morphs for the hands and feet so you don't have to position each joint individually. 

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

You probably can make do with these:

https://www.daz3d.com/bone-and-fantasy-scale-iray-shaders

Although you may need to go and edit the surfaces on that dinosaur to get it looking like you want.

• I would suggest that you open the diffuse texture in Photoshop or GIMP or something and recolor it either by changing hue or by painting on a layer set to Color or Hue blending. Or you can also change the tint of the Diffuse in DS to change the base color slightly. This is really easy. If you wanted patterns or something it's not quite as simple though.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,558

I would suggest that you open the diffuse texture in Photoshop or GIMP or something and recolor it either by changing hue or by painting on a layer set to Color or Hue blending. Or you can also change the tint of the Diffuse in DS to change the base color slightly. This is really easy. If you wanted patterns or something it's not quite as simple though.

Agreed. As for the grasps, do it once yourself and then save it as a pose preset then you can use it often.

• Thank you all for that. 

Also, I didn't know you could save poses... I am intrigued.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,558
    gdijedi7 said:

Thank you all for that. 

Also, I didn't know you could save poses... I am intrigued.

Oh yeah, DS gives you the tools to do everything except modeling. You can save full poses or poses for any part of a body such as hands or eyes, etc. Just pose it how you want, then save as a pose preset and then select the parts of the body you want to save with the drop down menu.

You can also save shaping presets. Say you use a bunch of morphs to create the perfect character and you know you will use that shape again. You can save it as a shaping preset and then just apply it to get the shape back whenever you need.