OT: Avengers Infinity War trailer

Man, looks great and the sheer amount of heros and villians is amazing!. May can't get here soon enough!

Comments

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Nice! I can't tell which side Loki is on though....

• Loki is always on Loki's side.

• "Who the hell are you guys?" I love it !

• It does look very exciting, I really hope Loki's not the villan again. He had such good charater developement in Ragnarok, I really don't want that to just get forgotten.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,631

Loki is always on Loki's side.

No kidding.

looking forward to seeing the Black Order or Children of Thanos

Not liking the blonde Widow though.

Didn't see Hawkeye or Antman in the video either

• Looks like Black Panther brought a few (thousand) friends...

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

Looks truly 'comic book style' considering it's real people.

• It does look very exciting, I really hope Loki's not the villan again. He had such good charater developement in Ragnarok, I really don't want that to just get forgotten.

Same. But I hope he realizes the benefit of having friends and people he can rely on rather than just becoming sentimental.

Given Thanos has some reason to be upset with Loki I really think they will not be working together.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

It does look very exciting, I really hope Loki's not the villan again. He had such good charater developement in Ragnarok, I really don't want that to just get forgotten.

Same. But I hope he realizes the benefit of having friends and people he can rely on rather than just becoming sentimental.

Given Thanos has some reason to be upset with Loki I really think they will not be working together.

I expect that Thanos still has whatever he was holding over Loki in the first movie, so Loki will be forced to work with him at the begining, but, Loki being Loki, will betray Thanos at a time most beneficial to Loki.

• dragotx said:

It does look very exciting, I really hope Loki's not the villan again. He had such good charater developement in Ragnarok, I really don't want that to just get forgotten.

I expect that Thanos still has whatever he was holding over Loki in the first movie, so Loki will be forced to work with him at the begining, but, Loki being Loki, will betray Thanos at a time most beneficial to Loki.

I always thought what Thanos had was being a giant overpowered jerk who can offer you a planet to rule (if you do all the work yourself). But I can dig that plotline.

•  

Hawkeye's holding the camera (he's good at shooting afterall), and Antman is hiding in Cap's beard ;)

• Ron KnightsRon Knights Posts: 1,747

I've been a Marvel fan since the beginning in the 1960s. I usually buy all their movies. Yeah I'm excited about the Infinity War. It's always a challenge to have that many people in a movie.

Hawkeye's holding the camera (he's good at shooting afterall), and Antman is hiding in Cap's beard ;)

LMAO! In the poster for the movie Clint is on there as well as Antman so they are in it. Vanity Fair will release their latest issue with 4 different covers all showing these super heroes on them and Evangeline Lilly (WASP) is on there also. Wonder if she will be in this movie.

•  

LMAO! In the poster for the movie Clint is on there as well as Antman so they are in it. Vanity Fair will release their latest issue with 4 different covers all showing these super heroes on them and Evangeline Lilly (WASP) is on there also. Wonder if she will be in this movie.

She'll probably have a cameo to set up her own movie.

•  

Most likely, though "her" movie is entitled Antman and the Wasp. wink

Well aware, have Antman on DVD and waiting for the nest one, but thanks! wink

•  

Yes unfortunately. But that's a whole 'nother discussion. >_>

The Avengers, Fantasic Four, Champions, Defenders, X-Men, and Inhumans were so exciting as a kid. Good thing I couldn't afford all those DC comics too.

• ServantServant Posts: 758

Loki will probably be playing the role that Mephisto did in Infinity Gauntlet, which is playing on his ear but try to get the gauntlet when the opportunity arises.

• So I'm going to take the opposing view here because I'm seeing a formula starting to develop.  In fact, throughout the trailer, I kept feeling like we've done all this before.

• Fought an army of devil-spawn from another dimension.  Avengers 1 deja vu.
    • Tony Stark's "Hulk Buster" suit.  IM3 deja vu.  That's just an autonomous armor suit, right?  Drone wars.
    • Iron Man gets a punch in the face mask.  Been there; done that.
    • Avengers fight a massive army.  "We have a Hulk!"
    • Get a kid ("Underoos") to join the team.  Didn't we just do that last summer?
    • Loki.  I'm kind of sick of him now, having seen him in what...34 movies?  Every scene with him just slows down, becomes boring and eventually makes me want to fast forward past him.  Every scene, that is, except for the scene in A1 when Hulk played "Bambam Paddleball" with his body.  But then they ruined an opportunity for true kismet by not allowing Loki to just die right there.  As far as I'm concerned, the only good reason to bring Loki back is to kill off the character.  I mean really kill him off, and not let him magically come back to life.
    • Any scene where we have to listen to Thor's labored speech.
    • That pink dude with the ten side-by-side chins.  He was at the end of A1, and he was boring then too.  I mean, seriously; just break his jaw and be done with it.  There are at least three Avengers who should be able to do that with no problem.  How the hell does that dude shave in the morning without bleeding to death?
    • Anything having to do with the 9 worlds.  None of them look like they would ever support life anyway, so why bother?  Or maybe that was the 12 days of Christmas, I never can keep that straight.

I stopped reading Marvel comics when I was a kid because they started doing weird, dumb stuff.  Like having huge space battles and using pink and green to show "futuristic" armor or ships.

I'll watch the movie, but the trailers really need to step it up first.

•  
    • Any scene where we have to listen to Thor's labored speech.

Have you seen Ragnarok? He sounds a leeeeeetle different now.

The funniest line I heard, or really read about Thor was from an old Icelandic (or maybe Norwegian) text that described Thor as being so poor and Thor being so lazy that the threads of the seat of his pants were threadbare from sitting around so much and his buttocks shone through them. Or something ridiculous like that. Maybe it's not so funny though unless you remember being or knowing people like that when you was little too.

Can't remember the book, or the collection of sagas it was from though. There are a lot of them.

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

Loki is really hilarious in the original (Scandinavian) material and even has hints of the same traits that define the MCU’s best beloved. He and Thor in Ragnarok were just fantastic.  That director is something else. I do think Infinity War is going to have some hard acts to follow- I’ve heard the Arrowverse Crisis crossver that just aired described as the best superhero movie to date. 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,151
    edited November 2017

No kidding.

You caught that too eh?  Black Widow always had red hair.  Don't like that one niggle either!  Rest of it sent shivvers up my spine and yea the last frames with "Who the hell are you guys" and then you see the GoTG standing there and that little wave made me howl!   

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • RAMWolff said:

No kidding.

You caught that too eh?  Black Widow always had red hair.  Don't like that one niggle either!  Rest of it sent shivvers up my spine and yea the last frames with "Who the hell are you guys" and then you see the GoTG standing there and that little wave made me howl!   

I love her blonde hair. Her entire deal is being a super spy and she just ended the last movie as a wanted fugitive. It's almost definitely because she has a new undercover identity.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,011

I was just about to search for something Inngersol-Rand related on Google and I typed the "I" and on one letter "Infinity Wars Trailer" showed up as a predictive choice.

Me thinks a lot of people are Googling this.

RAMWolff said:

No kidding.

I love her blonde hair. Her entire deal is being a super spy and she just ended the last movie as a wanted fugitive. It's almost definitely because she has a new undercover identity.

True and that is the general consensus on the web, but with technology and facial recog, I doubt the hair change would make a difference when in hiding. Rumour has it she just didn't want to do the red again, hope that wasn't the case, but oh well. I liked her best in Iron Man 2 with the long curly red hair.

bwim2.jpg
    800 x 450 - 146K
  • RAMWolff said:

No kidding.

True and that is the general consensus on the web, but with technology and facial recog, I doubt the hair change would make a difference when in hiding. Rumour has it she just didn't want to do the red again, hope that wasn't the case, but oh well. I liked her best in Iron Man 2 with the long curly red hair.

I doubt the Marvel Universe has the technology to reliably find someone like that; they have a lot of trouble locating people they should have found easily if that is the case. Even the techy dude in Punisher with access to every camera in the area completely lost his tracking just by a shave and a different walk (and I kind of like it that way).

IM2 was my favorite hair too.

• alexhcowleyalexhcowley Posts: 2,347
    RAMWolff said:

No kidding.

I doubt the Marvel Universe has the technology to reliably find someone like that; they have a lot of trouble locating people they should have found easily if that is the case. Even the techy dude in Punisher with access to every camera in the area completely lost his tracking just by a shave and a different walk (and I kind of like it that way).

IM2 was my favorite hair too.

I'm not all that bothered what colour the siren Scarlett's hair is as long as she's wearing the figure-hugging black outfit.

Cheers,

Alex.

• The funniest line I heard, or really read about Thor was from an old Icelandic (or maybe Norwegian) text that described Thor as being so poor and Thor being so lazy that the threads of the seat of his pants were threadbare from sitting around so much and his buttocks shone through them. Or something ridiculous like that.

Less ridiculous than the time he dressed up in drag? (I think Loki was mixed up in that one too.)

No frilly pink tutu, though...