ZWorld Makeshift Flamethrower & Containment Modules [Commercial]

E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733
edited December 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Realized I'd forgotten to make posts here in some time!  I've kept my head down and just focused on working on the next projects.  Here's a couple of my latest works:

ZWorld Makeshift Flamethrower

It's time to burn it to the ground!  Equip your post apocalyptic survivors with this handy little number and turn those nightmares into ash.

EArkham's ZWorld Makeshift Flamethrower

EArkham's ZWorld Makeshift Flamethrower - Weapon ImageEArkham's ZWorld Makeshift Flamethrower - Flame Types

Comes with poses and multiple Iray shaders for different types of flames.

https://www.daz3d.com/earkham-s-zworld-makeshift-flamethrower

-----

And a bit late on this one from earlier this month:

ZWorld Containment Modules

When those zombies and monsters are just too tough to destroy, at least you can contain them in some underground research facility! That never ends badly in the movies, does it?

EArkham's ZWorld Containment Modules

EArkham's ZWorld Containment Modules

This one comes with two styles of containment module, assorted props (locks, keypads, etc), and a generic 'containment room' background prop.

https://www.daz3d.com/zworld-containment-modules

---

I'm quite pleased with both of these, though I realize they're a bit too niche for most folks.  Hope they're useful to those of you who love end-of-the-world themes.  :)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• I'm glad you understood that, but! You can always increase your value.

Like the way you made the flames a separate prop. You can always make flames to be used different ways with other sets AND you could have done burning piles of flames, we could use to make burning zombies and trash (like that barrel)

Use a lot or larger flames - a burning building or room. 

And then the flame thrower could have had a make-shift backpack or cannisters.

They took a propane tank and made a backpack out of it.

So many ideas Great Product.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134

I definitely love end of the world themes, and they are both in my wishlist.  They hit between paychecks, so I didn't get to get them when they released, but they are high on my agenda to pick up when I can

• E-ArkhamE-Arkham Posts: 733

Thanks for the kind words, avxp & dragotx. :)

avxp said:

I'm glad you understood that, but! You can always increase your value.

I'm in the process of transistioning towards doing this full time now so I have to carefully balance the time involved, the quality and features, and getting things finished.  My priority is definitely on making sure the products are high quality.  Just a lot of the little extras that I'd normally include on a niche product have had to get cut back a bit.

As we go forward, my niche stuff is going to trend toward being smaller, less expensive sets like these two, while the larger sets will tend to be more general purpose products.  I'm hoping in the long term I'll be known for doing quality work regardless of the subject matter, and it won't matter so much if a product is niche, which will give me the freedom to go back to adding lots of little extra features.

• dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    E-Arkham said:

I'm in the process of transistioning towards doing this full time now so I have to carefully balance the time involved, the quality and features, and getting things finished.  My priority is definitely on making sure the products are high quality.  Just a lot of the little extras that I'd normally include on a niche product have had to get cut back a bit.

As we go forward, my niche stuff is going to trend toward being smaller, less expensive sets like these two, while the larger sets will tend to be more general purpose products.  I'm hoping in the long term I'll be known for doing quality work regardless of the subject matter, and it won't matter so much if a product is niche, which will give me the freedom to go back to adding lots of little extra features.

Congratz on going full time with this, that's got to be a dream job.  I love the sound of both the smaller less expensive sets, and larger more general purpose ones from you.  All of your work I've seen is phenomenal, but I have to balance my purchases based on how much use I can expect to get out of it.  So unfortunately that has a tendency to put the more niche sets on the wishlist instead of in the cart.  I've got a few of your sets already (derelict locker room is one of my all-time favorite environments), but have had to pass on a few I really liked for budgetary reasons (not saying your stuff is too expensive, it's all been priced right exactly where I thought it should be for what it is, just bad timing for my budget when it comes out/goes on sale).  But both of these ideas will make it easier for me to snag your products when they come out since it's easier to justify less expensive or much more useability accross multiple genres.  I'm looking forward to seeing what new awesomeness you come out with.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Love both of these but the flame thrower is awesome!  I am so happy you are getting to do this full time, your work is excellant and I am working my way slowly through you shop lol.

• Congrats also. I plan on making similar moves in 2018.

At any rate, a HUGE factor you should strongly consider is how Daz markets your products.

Your flamethrower - And I need to be careful how I word this....

Are items that inspire stories. See, I have NO USE for a flame thrower, right now. None.

But it looks SOOOOOOOO good that I said maybe I can write something or somebody has to make one in a tough spot...or I can alter it and make it more futuristic or....or.....

But DAZ made it part of a stacking discount for its premier. One of those, buy One New Release and Get...Buy Two and Get %........

That was HUGE. Huge......

So I was able to add it in the cart without feeling tooo much guilt of just buying stuff I like as opposed to stuff I need for an exact purpose.

I find that I do that often. Get the stranger items as part of a set for the day. See, cause if somebody stumbles across it someday in the future, they'd see it at full price and probably just idle wish list it.

And THEN you'd have to have a serious output so that your catalogue goes on sale often.

That seems to be the secret around here. Have a lot of products to sustain a continuous flow of attention and traffic and um, hopefully sales....

I mean, that's good business 101.

-------

I can only suggest my weirdness from afar, but some items beg to be bundles with your items....

You do it in some of your promo art.

I pulled this item out to use today...

Among so many others, this seems to fit, somehow and wish you had your stuff bundled more often...

https://www.daz3d.com/aftermath-parched-for-genesis-3-female-s

Like if you did some kind of makeshift flammable suit to wear. Clothing + Props....

Because your armor was crazy too.

If you're not tired of reading this crap, I'll go on.

This is another incredible item of yours.

https://www.daz3d.com/zworld-containment-modules

Maybe the next time some monster (hello Josh Crockett or Sixius) comes out, maybe ask Daz to make that one of those featured items in that scrolling slide show- of related items....

Okay, I'll leave you alone now.

• I like the cages, I can see myself using them for multiple projects. And with slight modication they could double as shark cages.