Old Installers Going Away

RowellRowell Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Well, I guess as a long time DAZ customer, I'm finally going to be walking away. Tired of having to install more bloatware just to make purchases. Sorry, ya lost a long time customer here.

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

You don't need to use the install manager. You can just download and unzip the content and move it where you want it.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Rowell said:
    Well, I guess as a long time DAZ customer, I'm finally going to be walking away. Tired of having to install more bloatware just to make purchases. Sorry, ya lost a long time customer here.

You don''t need to install the DIM software - you can download your purchases through the Product Library in your account.

See the sticky (not the announcement) at the top of the forum for details.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

what they said...

Screenshot_-_13-04-26_-_04:21:57_PM.png
    978 x 850 - 464K
  • RowellRowell Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, that's comforting to know.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have been downloading and installing the "DIM" zips manually ever since this new system came into being, and I find it is far quicker than using the exe files,

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    I have been downloading and installing the "DIM" zips manually ever since this new system came into being, and I find it is far quicker than using the exe files,

I agree, I like new zip system and I never used DIM.
    My only bad experience with zip is that sometimes (very-very rarely) my zips became corrupted and I couldn't extract some files from them. Redownload seems to help.
  • IvyIvy Posts: 7,158
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

I agree. that has how i have been doing it as well