FREE full length iPad novels filled with illustrations and animations.

FREE IPAD NOVELS AVAILABLE...

Hi. I just finished my second book in The Rune Master Series, and have a small number of free coupons for the iPad versions. These are full length novels that are fully illustrated and animated throughout. I spent a few years on each one and brought them to a professional level. I illustrate nationally for a living so I know how to design, having done dozens of covers and about 4,000 jobs over the years. (www.philiphoweillustration.com)

You can preview these as I build the site at www.therunemasterseries.com

If you're interested, just let me know, contact me via email at [email protected] and I will send you both books, no cost, I just want to get the word out. These are just for Mac and iPad, not for PC.

I think Daz people will enjoy them as I used a lot of the products to create the animations and my main figures, sets, scenes. It was great fun and I am now working on the final books. The story is all about magic, created for young adults and adults who like sophisticated fiction, sci-fi and fantasy, that is not childish. The magic is science based and I worked very hard to make it feel believeable. I think you'll love the characters and the interplay of the graphics with the text and overall design. (These are not games, they are full length novels.) If you haven't tried animation with Daz, it can be daunting at first, but it does work and you can get some impressive results. I prefer it over the high-end programs and its so much faster! I was doing full animation scenes, with 2 or more figures and complex sets, around 1 minute length, 60 fps, and it took me around 2-3 days average, most of that render time and post effects.

Please take a look and let me know what you think. I'll send the coupon codes and directions for those interested. 

Thanks, Phil

Comments

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Hi;

I'm not interested in the free verisons, but I am very interested in purchasing. From the links it doesn't look like they're available yet, but if they are could you post a link here, and if theyr'e not could you post a link when they are? Your work looks excellent and I'm looking forward to buying a copy.

Thanks,

Walt Sterdan

• WIll there be ones for other platforms later?  My iPad is older than dirt, and hasn't much storage space left on it.  These days I do most of my tabletty activity on my Android tablet or my Android smartphone.

• Hi, I was wanting to give them away for the time being so you didn't have to buy them. They are available here... https://therunemasterseries.com/p/links-to-buy-the-books ; Click on the bottom 2 links for the iPad versions.  The first book I made free now, and the second one is free to people here if they simply email me and I will send you a number code that you fill in. I have it all writen out how to do it, easy. The 2nd book is just $2.99. Not sure why I didn't charge more, I just want people to read it and have fun.

I created the iPad version via Apple's iAuthor software, which makes it (supposedly) impossible to copy. The iPad version (and Mac) has the animations, but the Kindle version has full color illustrations. That link is the same. I think the animations make the whole experience a lot more like watching a movie while reading. Pretty sure there is nothing else out there like it, so I am trying to generate interest and beginning to market them now. Graphic novels are out now, but that's all cartoon work. The animations and illustrations are primarily 3D in my books, and the Daz look is just short of photo-real, which is what I want for the characters. 

You can try the free book 1, EARTH on your older iPad and see if it works. It should, but might have to be newer. Its a free download either way. Hope you enjoy the read, the story is really quite good! Spread the word if you can. Thanks.

• FREE IPAD NOVELS AVAILABLE...

Hi. I just finished my second book in The Rune Master Series, and have a small number of free coupons for the iPad versions. These are full length novels that are fully illustrated and animated throughout. I spent a few years on each one and brought them to a professional level. I illustrate nationally for a living so I know how to design, having done dozens of covers and about 4,000 jobs over the years. (www.philiphoweillustration.com)

You can preview these as I build the site at www.therunemasterseries.com

If you're interested, just let me know, contact me via email at [email protected] and I will send you both books, no cost, I just want to get the word out. These are just for Mac and iPad, not for PC.

I think Daz people will enjoy them as I used a lot of the products to create the animations and my main figures, sets, scenes. It was great fun and I am now working on the final books. The story is all about magic, created for young adults and adults who like sophisticated fiction, sci-fi and fantasy, that is not childish. The magic is science based and I worked very hard to make it feel believeable. I think you'll love the characters and the interplay of the graphics with the text and overall design. (These are not games, they are full length novels.) If you haven't tried animation with Daz, it can be daunting at first, but it does work and you can get some impressive results. I prefer it over the high-end programs and its so much faster! I was doing full animation scenes, with 2 or more figures and complex sets, around 1 minute length, 60 fps, and it took me around 2-3 days average, most of that render time and post effects.

Please take a look and let me know what you think. I'll send the coupon codes and directions for those interested. 

Thanks, Phil

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

duplicate threads merged.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited November 2017

Hi, I was wanting to give them away for the time being so you didn't have to buy them. They are available here... https://therunemasterseries.com/p/links-to-buy-the-books ; Click on the bottom 2 links for the iPad versions.  The first book I made free now, and the second one is free to people here if they simply email me and I will send you a number code that you fill in. I have it all writen out how to do it, easy. The 2nd book is just $2.99. Not sure why I didn't charge more, I just want people to read it and have fun.

I created the iPad version via Apple's iAuthor software, which makes it (supposedly) impossible to copy. The iPad version (and Mac) has the animations, but the Kindle version has full color illustrations. That link is the same. I think the animations make the whole experience a lot more like watching a movie while reading. Pretty sure there is nothing else out there like it, so I am trying to generate interest and beginning to market them now. Graphic novels are out now, but that's all cartoon work. The animations and illustrations are primarily 3D in my books, and the Daz look is just short of photo-real, which is what I want for the characters. 

You can try the free book 1, EARTH on your older iPad and see if it works. It should, but might have to be newer. Its a free download either way. Hope you enjoy the read, the story is really quite good! Spread the word if you can. Thanks.

Thanks for the link, I've downloaded the first and purchased the second. I'm looking forward to some free time to enjoy them. Very impressive work.

-- Walt Sterdan

Post edited by wsterdan on
  • Thanks Walt. The next books in the series are about half done, just need ediing, but the characters and scenes, sets, are even more developed. I'm using a lot more physics-based cloth and motions are smoother overall. Working on hair now, too, which I hope becomes available as part of dForce, but I can do it outside as flowing morphs. Kind of a pain but it works fairly well.

Phil

• The artwork on your website looks great.  I particularly liked the Nordic bearded old man with the polar bears.  Best of luck with the venture.