Updated Dogs, Cats, newborns, toddlers and babies of all ethnicities

All of the mentioned on title is to much important to be ignored.

2018 must be the year for a new generation of domestic pets and babies, it's shaming not having these.

Comments

• it is all happening just not on the DAZ 3D site and cannot be discussed here

get into the wider DAZ/Poser community on sites like Facebook Renderosity and another I cannot name starting with an H

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558

Hivewire3d has a new dog in the works. Also they have babies already.

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

+ 1000! We need new babies and pets here at DAZ! The existing ones are ANCIENT.

New baby at rendo and singlet hair and such. I picked it up.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550
    th3Digit said:

it is all happening just not on the DAZ 3D site and cannot be discussed here

get into the wider DAZ/Poser community on sites like Facebook Renderosity and another I cannot name starting with an H

Agreed. This shopping only at Daz makes no sense to me. I personally don't want any one company to have the monopoly on content

Serene, got any images of the new baby?

I will soon. Probably by this evening. My machine is rendering somthing right now, but I picked her up. I intend to make some parent and child poses, and will be using the baby

• Oof, those lashes in the promos need to be longer. Babies have smaller eyes but their lashes still grow the same length, short lashes look like freaky adult eyes.

Morph looks surprisingly good, I wish there was a clay render.

Yeah, I thought it looked decent. A lot depends on the skins, and putting adult female skins on babies is going to look odd with the way the eyebrows and makeup look even on natural faces.  But I'm sure I can find one that works. 

• Angel Wings has some child characters with pretty soft natural skins.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

I'm intending to buy the Genesis Baby to render a Madonna & Child (Genesis Baby by Adam Thwaite) if the new Pro Bundles out this month ain't too my liking but speaking of base textures that would work good on babies the recent Tyrone albino texture would I think. However, it needs to be a paler pink for pale babies(achievable with the transmission color & the color right near the bottom near it) and it needs to be darker for tanned babies just what shade and how dark depends on the baby but I think that Tyrone albino texture is up to it it has a very soft, smooth, baby look. Ugh, I forget there is extrememly sparse stubble, nothing even a amateur could pixel edit out easy enough but it's there.

The Adam Twaite baby probably has can be converted & tinted to newer versions of Genesis with the right utility from the DAZ Store. 

edited December 2017

Okay, here is the baby. I think she looks pretty good. Her texture needs some work to be less waxy, but the body is a nice shape. The head needs custom expressions since its also rather tough to add expressions. I had to extend the parameters to get a smile on her face. I also added a bit more fullness to her lips. But overall, I think this is a good purchase. Hopefully a few more skins and hair too... =-)

baby.jpg
    1130 x 1462 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,550

Thanks Serene!

• After seing hivewire cats and horses I still think Babies and dogs still need an update version in daz and a serious improvement

• Okay, here is the baby. I think she looks pretty good. Her texture needs some work to be less waxy, but the body is a nice shape. The head needs custom expressions since its also rather tough to add expressions. I had to extend the parameters to get a smile on her face. I also added a bit more fullness to her lips. But overall, I think this is a good purchase. Hopefully a few more skins and hair too... =-)

She's cute. Does she come with 3Delight materials, or just Iray. It doesn't matter as much to me, but some might not want her without the option.

Only one material preset- iray. There has been 2 additional characters recently released, one with excellent skins, and another with an expression pack, but haven't had a chance to try it.

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

She's cute. Does she come with 3Delight materials, or just Iray. It doesn't matter as much to me, but some might not want her without the option.

While she comes with Iray materials, the promos stress that she is compatible with G3F and G8F textures. I would suggest https://www.daz3d.com/growing-up-skin-for-genesis-3-female-s, https://www.daz3d.com/skin-builder-3-for-genesis-3-female-s, or wait for Zev0 to release versions for Genesis 8.