Useful Mirrors

I know this has probably been asked before, but it is such a while since i used it i have forgotten, and i can not find it anywhere in the forum

How do i use the Useful mirror shader to apply to Genesis 3 or even the basic female, could i use it on any leter genesis figures, beleive me i have tried and just getting nowhere

thanks

pete

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,041

You mean this product? https://www.daz3d.com/useful-mirrors-for-daz-studio

To apply the shader to a figure, select the figure and all the surfaces you want to apply it to, and then use the shader preset.

Just remember this is a 3DL shader and won't give good results in Iray (as noted on product pasge).

• Leana said:

You mean this product? https://www.daz3d.com/useful-mirrors-for-daz-studio

To apply the shader to a figure, select the figure and all the surfaces you want to apply it to, and then use the shader preset.

Just remember this is a 3DL shader and won't give good results in Iray (as noted on product pasge).

Yes, and tried that just doesn't want to work on any figure

pete

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Whar problem are you having when you try to apply it?

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,815
    edited November 2017

If you're trying to apply the Useful Mirrors shader to surfaces on Genesis 2/3/8, that likely won't work at all. Useful Mirrors is old enough that its presets, according to the File List in the readme, are all .DAZ or .DSA files. The only presets that will work on Genesis 2/3/8 are .DUF files. (I suspect, if you're using Smart Content, you can't see the file extensions, which may make things even more confusing. I don't use Smart Content, so I'm not sure about that.)

And, as noted above, it won't work in Iray at all.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • petes imagespetes images Posts: 213
    edited November 2017
    vwrangler said:

If you're trying to apply the Useful Mirrors shader to surfaces on Genesis 2/3/8, that likely won't work at all. Useful Mirrors is old enough that its presets, according to the File List in the readme, are all .DAZ or .DSA files. The only presets that will work on Genesis 2/3/8 are .DUF files. (I suspect, if you're using Smart Content, you can't see the file extensions, which may make things even more confusing. I don't use Smart Content, so I'm not sure about that.)

thanks for that i accept they won't work, however since this post I have tried the iray shaders on other surfaces, they won't work iether

pete

Post edited by petes images on
  • Okay, I'll bite.... IS there a way to apply mirror shaders onto Genesis1/2/3/8 characters and have them work?  Say, one of the iRay mirror shaders?

• petes imagespetes images Posts: 213
    edited November 2017
    vwrangler said:

thanks for that i accept they won't work, however since this post I have tried the iray shaders on other surfaces, they won't work iether

pete

Found this on yu tube which ultimately leads to other tutorials Daz Studio Tutorials Introduction part 1 of 16

Post edited by petes images on
  • vwrangler said:

pete

Found this on yu tube which ultimately leads to other tutorials Daz Studio Tutorials Introduction part 1 of 16 so working ok (except the original Useful Mirror shader)

thanks