M4 Character to Genesis

SGCBearcubSGCBearcub Posts: 243
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Help!

I'm trying to transfer an M4 character to Genesis but something is going wrong with the skin.

I transferred the morphs using Gen X - they transferred okay. Then I dialed 100% M4 from the iconic shapes. This was tried with Basic male once at 100% and once at 0%. Then I dialed in the Samson morph to 100%. Then I double-clicked on the texture in the content window.

This is what happens:

What am I doing wrong?

Samson.jpg
1004 x 837 - 113K

Comments

• lface8lface8 Posts: 126
    edited December 1969

Go to your surfaces tab, select the skin surfaces and where it says "UV" change it to M4. That should do the trick.

• SGCBearcubSGCBearcub Posts: 243
    edited December 1969

lface8 said:
    Go to your surfaces tab, select the skin surfaces and where it says "UV" change it to M4. That should do the trick.

That did it! Thank-you.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

You'll find this happening with any non-Genesis texture, the material file you click on doesn't include the Genesis setting that changes the UVmap so you have to do it manually.

• JBlackwellJBlackwell Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hello I am having the same issue and am looking for the UV option on the surfaces tab, but I don't see it. All I see under the Surfaces for Genesis under "All" are several sample options and wetsuits. Any help greatly appreciated!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

On the Surfaces pane click Editor at the top rather than Presets