GenX2 - Missing Clones

For the most part, I've been very pleased with Genesis Generation X2 and its GenX2. The capability for mixing and matching various morphs has allowed me to come up with some extreme creations. However, I have been unable to transfer some of my morphs, and I think I know why.

As I understand it, in order to transfer morphs, you need a morph clone. For example, I have CloneGenesis2Female for Genesis 3 Female, and so I can transfer morphs from G2F to G3F without a problem. However, I don't have a CloneGenesis2Male or CloneGenesis3Male. And when I re-downloaded the various Genesis Starter Essentials, those clones were missing. So can I get some assistance with this dilemma?

Comments

• Apart from Genesis 8 the base figures came only with clones for the previous geenration of the same sex and the current geenration of the opposite sex - oh, and since Genesis was unisex it had clones for Michael 4, Victoria 4, and Kids 4.

• I see. But that does not change the fact that G3F Starter Essentials is missing CloneGenesis3Male. As you yourself have just said, the base figures should come with clones from the current generation of the opposite sex. But that clone is missing.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,093
    edited November 2017

Hmm, let me check - it should be there (assuming you downloaded Geensis 3 Female Starter essentials after the release of Gensis 3 Male, but there have been several updates since then so I'd think so).

Should be there - the DIM zip has

• /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Tools/Clones/CloneGenesis2Female.dsj
    • /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Tools/Clones/CloneGenesis3Male.dsj

and both are present in my Connect-installed files.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • OrionPax09OrionPax09 Posts: 419
    edited November 2017

I re-downloaded G3F Starter Essentials just this day, just to be on the safe side. There was no sign of CloneGenesis3Male in Clones.

For the record, I found a file marked CloneGenesis3Male in Base, which I assume is the Auto-Fit Clone that allows G3F to wear G3M clothing. However, when I tried placing it in the Clones folder of G3F, it would not work in conjunction with Genesis Generations. I can only assume that there is a difference between the two clone files.

Update: When I tried using Genesis Generations with the clone found in Base, I got this error message; Invalid formula in morph.

Post edited by OrionPax09 on
  • I just used DIM to download Genesis 3 Female Starter Essentials. No sign of  /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Tools/Clones/CloneGenesis3Male.dsj

• That's odd, let me check the zip instead of the file list. Yes, it's there in my zip so I don't know why you don't have it. GenX requires an additional plug-in, if it's not included in the base, to do the conversion as I recall.

• I don't know what the problem is, either. All I know is that it isn't showing up when I download Starter Essentials. And for the record, I have purchased the required plugins for Genesis Generation X to be compatible with both G2 and G3.

• Okay. I finally managed to get the missing clone. I had to download the Starter Essentials files several times over, but I finally got it. Still, I do wish I knew what the heck caused this mishap in the first place.

• Hi OrionPax09,

I'm hoping you can tell me where I've gone wrong with the Gen X2/3 products. I have all 3 necessary GenX products needed to transfer a G2 figure (Callie) to a G3 figure.

The GenX2 interface is quite straightforward but the resulting G3 version is just a fugly, horrible mess. It almost seems as though it has transferred NO morphs at all. So I'm doing something very wrong.

I only use the transfer tab.

I load Callie 6 so she is visible.

I press the source button and only have a couple of choices, Genesis 2 female seems like the logical one.

Mode: create single morph.  Select: Transfer on for all non zero values, then get values from scene.

Shape: Genesis 2 female. Smooth

Target: Genesis 3 female.

Transfer.   That seems to be what I'm supposed to do. In the Generation X folder I have 2 sliders, one for G2 and the other is Callie. I slide the G2 one up to one and the shape moves a bit, mainly the arms angle forwards a touch. When I use the Callie slider the figure shrinks in size to be smaller than Callie but she is still G3 default look.

What am I missing?

John

• John Cox said:

Hi OrionPax09,

I'm hoping you can tell me where I've gone wrong with the Gen X2/3 products. I have all 3 necessary GenX products needed to transfer a G2 figure (Callie) to a G3 figure.

The GenX2 interface is quite straightforward but the resulting G3 version is just a fugly, horrible mess. It almost seems as though it has transferred NO morphs at all. So I'm doing something very wrong.

I only use the transfer tab.

I load Callie 6 so she is visible.

I press the source button and only have a couple of choices, Genesis 2 female seems like the logical one.

Mode: create single morph.  Select: Transfer on for all non zero values, then get values from scene.

Shape: Genesis 2 female. Smooth

Target: Genesis 3 female.

Transfer.   That seems to be what I'm supposed to do. In the Generation X folder I have 2 sliders, one for G2 and the other is Callie. I slide the G2 one up to one and the shape moves a bit, mainly the arms angle forwards a touch. When I use the Callie slider the figure shrinks in size to be smaller than Callie but she is still G3 default look.

What am I missing?

John

I think you might have added an unnecessary step. You don't need to load a figure onto the screen in order to use GenX2. You just follow the instructions included in the PDF. My best guess is that loading the Callie figure somehow fouled everything up.

pdf
    pdf
    genx2.pdf