How to report product "defect"??

SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have discovered an issue with 2 products by the same vendor and would like to let them/him/her know about it without being overly public, but I don't know how to submit that sort of ticket. There doesn't seem to be any way to contact a vendor directly, unless you know their forum name, which I do not.

The problem is relatively minor, easy to work around, but I would think they want to know and possibly do an update. The textures for the eyes and lacrimal do not match the UVs of the character they were designed/sold for. Switching UVs to M4 or V4 corrects the problem, but they are meant to be Generation 5 characters.

I would never have noticed except that the lacrimals looked odd with flashes of white. In close-ups, it is extremely noticeable and the irises don't look right. Upon comparing them in Photoshop, I realized they did not line up with the default texture of the Gen5 character they were designed for.

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You should file a Support Ticket, by using Help > Contact Us at the top of the forum.

As far as I am aware, that is the preferred method, and DAZ can then get it sorted out.

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

You should file a Support Ticket, by using Help > Contact Us at the top of the forum.

As far as I am aware, that is the preferred method, and DAZ can then get it sorted out.

Thanks. I went there before, but didn't see what I was looking for (thought it might say something like "report a bug or product issue"). Now I see that "Technical Support" covers content.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

there is a "content products" category in the bug tracker that you can use to report content problems.

If you haven't used the bug tracker ( https://bugs.daz3d.com/main_page.php ) before, let us know if you need help getting set up. You'll need to create an account for it (separate from your store account).