DS 4.10 is rendering 30-35% slower (Iray)!!!

I've rendered about 50 images with the new 4.10 pro and I'm very sure it renders about 30-35% slower than in 4.9! My GPU (2 x GTX 1080 ti) is updated!

Has anyone else similar issues with DS 4.10???

Comments

• Yeah, I have noticed this. I have also noticed that it has less fireflies in render as well. I guess it is a tradeoff. I would run sicklyeld iray test and post results.

• I have noticed a HUGE! difference in the memory usage for Iray.  My system with a GTX970 card used to render almost every scene just fine with the GPU only.  Now though, I'll bet more than half of my scenes are switching to CPU even though I don't even have it cheked on for usage.  Somehow the memory usage for IRAY or the memory of my GPU has drastically changed!  The system is cancelling the GPU renders even for scenes that I have removed items from to lower the memory usage.  This version of DAZ Studio is not the same as previous ones as far as IRAY rendering is concerned. 

• primeuser said:

I have noticed a HUGE! difference in the memory usage for Iray.  My system with a GTX970 card used to render almost every scene just fine with the GPU only.  Now though, I'll bet more than half of my scenes are switching to CPU even though I don't even have it cheked on for usage.  Somehow the memory usage for IRAY or the memory of my GPU has drastically changed!  The system is cancelling the GPU renders even for scenes that I have removed items from to lower the memory usage.  This version of DAZ Studio is not the same as previous ones as far as IRAY rendering is concerned. 

Of course it isn't; nVidia released a new version of Iray that DAZ is using with the latest version of Studio.

• Is this the new version that won't work with dForce?

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,880

Is this the new version that won't work with dForce?

dForce is in 4.10.x.x and up.

• Is this the new version that won't work with dForce?

There's a few complications beyond just "won't work" — the last couple of D|S versions with the new Iray update must have a recent NVidia graphics card driver, otherwise Iray renders will only run in CPU mode. Also, D|S4.10 with dForce must have drivers for at least OpenCL1.2 (note that OpenCL is not the same as OpenGL) for either your graphics card (included in recent NVidia drivers) or for your CPU. The OpenCL drivers for CPU are a separate download, check the dForce starter thread here on the forums for details.

• primeuser said:

I have noticed a HUGE! difference in the memory usage for Iray.  My system with a GTX970 card used to render almost every scene just fine with the GPU only.  Now though, I'll bet more than half of my scenes are switching to CPU even though I don't even have it cheked on for usage.  Somehow the memory usage for IRAY or the memory of my GPU has drastically changed!  The system is cancelling the GPU renders even for scenes that I have removed items from to lower the memory usage.  This version of DAZ Studio is not the same as previous ones as far as IRAY rendering is concerned. 

I have noticed I have to close the file every couple renders.. because Daz isn't releasing memory... 
    I use gpu shark... which will show you how much of the gpu memory etc is being used...
    ---
    I also use BES encoder to limit the cpu usage so that if it switches to the cpus it doesn't lock up the machine by taking 100%