Question about Wonderous Wares

ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi,

is there any way to change the height of the liquid in DS4?

Any hint is welcome.

Comments

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Did you check under the parameters tab for a morph slider with the object selected?

• Age of ArmourAge of Armour Posts: 437
    edited December 1969

ruekaka said:
    Hi,

is there any way to change the height of the liquid in DS4?

Any hint is welcome.

Hi Ruekaka,

Unfortunately no. It is something that we wanted to do but, because morphs change linearly and most the containers have sides which curve top to bottom, morphs would not work well. I should say it is not impossible to do it with morphs but would have been a pretty daunting task to get a series of morphs and corrective morphs for each container to all work right.

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Hi Age of Armour,

thanks for the information.
    Let's say I'm not looking for a build in solution and I would try to create some morphs (I'm interested to have just a few different heights for the Lab items), could you guide me in the direction where to start?

Again, any hint is wellcome (there's nothing obvious for me ;-)).

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited June 2012

ruekaka said:
    Hi Age of Armour,

thanks for the information.
    Let's say I'm not looking for a build in solution and I would try to create some morphs (I'm interested to have just a few different heights for the Lab items), could you guide me in the direction where to start?

Again, any hint is wellcome (there's nothing obvious for me ;-)).

You can use free (at this point) Hexagon and build-in DS Hexagon bridge to adjust the level of the liquid by yourself. Select the liquid, select File->Send to Hexagon (if I'm not mistaken) and after you done, send it back to DS to create a morph.
    I don't know how drastic you want that change to be, but D-Forms in DS might help as well if it isn't very big of a change.
    Post edited by Kattey on
  • SyndarylSyndaryl Posts: 521
    edited December 1969

It wouldn't be a morph, but in a 3D modeler, you could lower the "water" level by doing a boolean subtract on the water with an overlapping cube. Unfortunately modelers vary so much that you'd need to look up the documentation for your own to figure out how to do that. (I know nothing about Hexagon)

• ruekakaruekaka Posts: 346
    edited December 1969

Thanks for all your tips.

Guess I found it now. I was searching for the liquid as an own object, but opening the glas prop itself in Hexagon shows that it is part of the prop.

Now I can play with it.