gForce and Nvidia drivers

I have seen that there are already many discussions about dForce issues, but no one helped me, my question is about the video card drivers, I have a GeForce GTX 650, the driver installed is 382.33, I saw that there is available 388.13 but I read that you should not install it because of some bugs, they would do even more damage to gForce stability. What do you think about it? I'm a little undecided, I'm afraid the DAZ can become even more unstable with these new drivers. Can anybody advise me?

Comments

• I updated my GTX 760 to 388 drivers and now it works with gForce, it crashed when I tried it but I tried it with non gForce supported cloth so that might be why it crashed, anyway, DS works fine by itself with the 388 driver, no problems at all with other parts of DS even though gForce may not work for.

• VirtanVirtan Posts: 18

Thanks a lot for the explanation, today I think I will try to install the new driver. At the moment I noticed that with non-gforce clothes you have to have luck, with some work, with others not. Yesterday was a continuous crash and restart, so the idea of updating the driver with one that could complicate even more the situation frightened me.

• Serefina_MoonSerefina_Moon Posts: 106
    edited November 2017

Half O.T.,but,..

I added the 388 drivers to my system, they 'appear' stable so far.

I've got pretty old hardware - i7-950, x58 and a pair of GTX-470-OC, they're listed as supported for Cuda and Iray, but Studio doesn't find them for OpenCL andd dForce.
    For others with similarly specced hardware, the Microsoft/Intel OpenCL CPU drivers are found by Studio.

Post edited by Serefina_Moon on