Gen 5 question

assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

does having Michael 5 and all those other Gen 5 "models" add onto the morphing ability for Genesis?

Like, does it give you more to work with?

I'm not really understanding the point to the Gen5 "models" when Genesis was made to morph into a lot of things.

Comments

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited December 1969

To morph Genesis, you need morphs. Generation 5 are (basically) just that.
    The more shapes you have, the more possibilities you have since they all mix toguether.

• assmonkeyassmonkey Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

You have the Gen 3 shapes, too. Aside from the shape itself for those...do any morphs come into with the Gen3 stuff? Like, are there Gen3 morph packs to be used or you just get shapes.

I know with the Gen4 shapes, you can use the Morph++ and elite morphs on Genesis, either by themselves or pay extra and get the GenX thing. I'm pretty sure you can still use the Morph++ stuff on Genesis without the need of GenX...I may be wrong on that

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You cannot use Gen4 or Gen3 morphs on Genesis without the GenX plugin as far as I am aware.

These Gen4 and Gen3 shapes for Genesis, are just morphs for changing the Base mesh of Genesis to a different shape, they do not allow the morphs packs to be used. The Genesis base figure is completely different to Gen4 or Gen 3 figures, it has different bones and different rigging, that is why you need GenX

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited December 1969

For Genesis you use the Evolution Morphs (The Genesis version of Gen4's morphs++).
    The Gen 3 or 4 Iconic Shapes for Genesis includes the base character shape only, but since they are morphs for Genesis, you use the Evolution Morphs.
    That's the good part, you buy only a single morph pack for Genesis instead of a set for each base character.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited April 2013

If you're asking about what the value of, say, Victoria 5 (for example) is, compared to just using base Genesis plus the Evolutions morphs, here's a brief, incomplete list:

- High-quality skin textures
    - The custom-sculpted shape (yeah, you could spin a lot of morph dials and get something that looks similar, but it wouldn't have the same level of detail and realism--plus you can mix and match the full-body morphs which gives a great deal more flexibility and control).
    - Sometimes there are extra morphs too, in addition to the base shape. V5 comes with the Supermodel additive shape and a number of breast morphs. Michael 5 and Stephanie 5 both come with two additive shapes and two extra head morphs. David 5 comes with three extra heads, etc.
    - They also come with some poses and sometimes other bonuses, like Michael 5's underwear.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

What's the differance with the Genx plug-in sold on the Daz store...as to the on that's in the Renderosity store?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The Gen4Genesis plugin which used to be sold at Rendo is no longer available. GenX is an improved version which works as a DS plugin, and has also been updated for DS4.5.

edited December 1969

I think...I have the older version...I think.

I was using it, and I'm pretty sure Genesis got my V4/M4 morph++ and elite morphs...I may have done something wrong when doing the transfer. All the morphs were a jumbled mess...very hard to find morphs.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

I think...I have the older version...I think.

I was using it, and I'm pretty sure Genesis got my V4/M4 morph++ and elite morphs...I may have done something wrong when doing the transfer. All the morphs were a jumbled mess...very hard to find morphs.

If you do have the original Gen4 product, you can upgrade it to GenX by buying this: http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-generation-x-upgrade-from-gen4 (much cheaper than the "full" version of GenX, but only for previous Gen4 owners)
    edited April 2013

I'm not even sure if I used it right, is what I'm getting at.

I double checked...and all the transferred morphs are all shoved in 1 place (in daz) like all the head morphs in 1 place, very much a mess. Anyway of fixing that?

Or is that fixed in the upgrade version?

Post edited by assmonkey on