Gallery Wishlist

Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I was thinking about what would make a good gallery for Artists in particular and this is the concept I came up with (described below.) Feel free to comment.

One thing about a gallery is that it serves different purposes and to take that into consideration, the first thing that seems would handle this nicely would to have different views. There are Three views I can think of right off: pictures only gallery, pictures with comments, and pictures with creative/technical aspects. The first two are self explanatory, but the third one could use some fleshing out.

For pictures with creative/technical aspects, it seems a template would be nice where the artist could fill in what they cared to share about their particular image, and even create/save their own modified template(s) for posting with some of the data pre-filled. In this template, I would include: render engine/lighting, contributing artists (PA credit, etc), post work, basic hardware specs with render times, any special notes about the image or it's creation, and an optional storyline section.

What would make the optimal gallery for you?