Mouse problems while rendering

Hi . . I've installed the latest version of DAZ 4.10.0.107, and is working fine with my i7 4790 W10 64bit. The only problem I do get, and I didn't before, is with my mouse. Sometimes work, sometimes doesn't. This always happens when I'm rendering. I've tried few things and is definetely while I'm rendering. As soon I stop rendering, even leaving DAZ and the render open so I can resume it, everything goes back to normal. I did not have any problem when I was rendering with the previous version of DAZ. So my question is . . Is it me, or somebody else reported this problem? does the new version of DAZuse more power while is rendering? My CPU shows all core at 100% and is on performance mode, but that was fine before. Of course I could not do other graphic stuff at the same time, but not problems using the mouse. Temperature are normal for the work load at around 55°. Any idea?

Comments

• MartialMartial Posts: 404
    edited November 2017

I have the same problem (Windows 10 pro 64 bit, Intel I7 also, GTX 660 and 32 gigs on Ram , DAZstudio 4,10) .When rendering , sometime i have no mouse pointer, sometime it just freeze and i can do nothing except waiting until i have it again

I didn't have this problem with version 4,9

Post edited by Martial on
  • Hi, my specs are lower, but I checked for issues with ram, 16gb only, and I don't have a dedicated video card yet, but no problems at all before. I'm not expert, and don't take for granted what I'm going to say, but your video card is quite old right? I was just wondering if that can be an issue. Meaning . . Is the new version of DAZ more resource hungry? I'm not say is a defect, I just would like to know, so to have an excuse to finally buy a decent graphic card wink​ Maybe somebody can answer that. 

Yes my GTX660 seems old but Iray rendering and Dforce use are ok , not anormally slow  Just mouse pointer is a problem during rendering, only since i have updated to DAZStudio 4,10 But anyway i can live with it . And i was writing this comment during a iray rendering of an 1800 by 1800 pixels scene with special Iray lighhing

• Exactly. With only the cpu graphic part and rendering quite complex scene 3000 x 3000 with iray, before was not an issue, now . . yes. Well, it's true that I usually live the pc to render overnight when I'm not using it, but sometimes I quickly render something while I'm using it for other stuff as well. Quite a pain now.So, still wondering if can tell us if new version of Daz needs more power than before. ????

'' still wondering if can tell us if new version of Daz needs more power than before. ???? ''

Still wondering me too

• hgf12hgf12 Posts: 6

I had problems with a very slow reacting mouse in previous versions and now for no obvious reasonsin DS 4.10.

I could solve it though by checking the graphic card only (not the CPU) in Render Settings:Advanced:Hardware.

• VoxxaVoxxa Posts: 64

I seem to have the same problem. I have brand new equipment 12GB Nvidia based GPU. 16 GB RAM, Two SSD's in RAID configuration. Brand new Gogabyte Aorus Motherboard. Still when starting Daz Studio the cursor freezes for som seconds, works again then freezes. Truly annoying. Have this brand new award winning GeForce GTX 1080 Ti graphics card. That doesn't seem to matter. Can someone please give me a tip to what's going on here?

• VoxxaVoxxa Posts: 64

I seem to have the same problem. I have brand new equipment - 16 GB RAM 4100MHz. Two SSD's in RAID configuration. Brand new Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Motherboard. Still when starting Daz Studio the cursor freezes for som seconds, works again then freezes. Truly annoying. Have this brand new award winning ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti with 12 GB STRIX GAMING Graphics card. That doesn't seem to matter. Can someone please give me a tip to what's going on here?

• Voxxa said:

I seem to have the same problem. I have brand new equipment - 16 GB RAM 4100MHz. Two SSD's in RAID configuration. Brand new Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 Motherboard. Still when starting Daz Studio the cursor freezes for som seconds, works again then freezes. Truly annoying. Have this brand new award winning ASUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti with 12 GB STRIX GAMING Graphics card. That doesn't seem to matter. Can someone please give me a tip to what's going on here?

Try switching the settings to GPU only.  That should solve your mouse issues while rendering.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

relevent thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/274696/daz-hogs-100-of-my-cpu

"Studio uses all available CPU cores by default, I don't think it has a limit. This can make your system very sluggish and difficult to use if iray preview or a render is running. You can , however, set the "affinity" of Studio very easily so it can't use one or more cpu cores if you would like to have a much more responsive system while iray preview or renders are running.

This change is temporary, and you would need to do it each time you start Studio.

1. Open Studio, but don't do anything in it.
    2. Open Task Manager and click the "Details" tab.
    3. Find DazStudio.exe on the list.
    4. Right click DazStudio.exe and select "set affinity" from the menu.

A window will popup showing all the CPU cores DazStudio is allowed to run on.
    Uncheck just one of the boxes, it doesn't matter which one.
    Click "ok".
    Close the task manager.

Studio won't be able to run on whatever core you took away from it (unchecked the box) until you close and reopen it.

I haven't put in a feature request, but it would be nice to have a way to set Studio's affinity from inside the program"

in the other thread there are instructions for adding this to Studio's desktop shortcut so it's a bit more "permenant". Keep in mind though, any changes made to the desktop shortcut will be discarded when Studio is updated and it's shortcut gets replaced.