Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924
    edited May 2013

dowd said:
    A little something to keep Carrara alive.
    The model was built in Hexagon. Assembly, lighting and render in Carrara.
    Some post work; smoke, until the particle system or some particle guru better I can make smoke like this, I’ll just do post work. Water wake is post also.

USS Housatonic was the first combat ship to be sunk by a submarine, the H.L. Hunley

Hope this inspires as I personally think Carrara rocks

PS: thanks to Dimension Theory’s Skies of economy

yes I agree with evil
    and I agree with post work :)
    I think I bought Diemension's skies, maybe I should insta;ll them!

Post edited by Headwax on
  • wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Working on hair for Sockratease. Trying for a toon look.

Doc1.png
    600 x 600 - 430K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited December 1969

Koukotsu said:
    Hi, here's a Vicky with a gun render, 'cause I'm just such a unique, cutting-edge trailblazer :-)

At least she isn't standing naked in a temple with a sword, lol.

Hmmm... naked in a temple with a sword... I like that!
    Great V w Gun render, too!
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

yep that looks like Sock :-)

edited December 1969

Is that Carrara hair?
    Either way, I think you've got a good Toon look going. I think it would also work well for folks who want more PR. If that's Carrara Hair, I'm amazed at how toon-like you got it to look! Well done!
    Really like that face, too!
    edited December 1969

Not being able to work lately, I've tried messing around with Carrara 8.5 beta for the few minutes I could whenever I felt up to it. A few minutes here to apply an aniBlock to a character and save it off. Another few minutes to work through some needed tweaks to the animation, save and leave, and so on. It's been a few days now, with no Carrara action at all. So this morning I loaded up an older scene I've saved of Mike Moir's Mystic Gorge kit and dropped in one of those saved animated characters. Well... okay, it was Rosie! LOL She wasn't naked or holding a sword... but she is in the Temple of the Mystic Gorge, and she's practicing her GoFigure Martial Arts combos! ;-) I even kept her robes closed more than usual. You'd be proud of me - that's a hard thing for me to do. Ask Rosie! :)

I actually had to take a nap before I could set up my cameras :( But now it's rendering two cameras doing different things over just beyong twelve seconds. I normally don't conduct such long renders, but I need to lie down so much, I'm thinking that this might save me some time - in that I can use a second or two from this cam, then the other, and back again - sort of thing. Maybe it won't work as planned - but that's where I'm trying to focus.

I'm working through my script now - making previz clips. There's a bit going on beforehand, but I'm anxiously awaiting the day that she makes her way to EP's cool village. This set will become revisited throughout the entire series of movies - so I'll be making various saves of it in different states. It starts off a welcoming village in need of a hero. There are times, however, where things are much less pleasant by the time the adventurers approach.

These scenes that I save - once I've turned them into a movie set, are really cool to visit after not seeing them for a long time. Nerd 3d's Thunder River, complete with all of the Waterfall Tool preloads he gives you after you buy it, is so incredibly cool! For a background setting, which is nearly never seen, but is helpful for reflections and such, is the dome from Stonemason's Enchanted Forest. Nerd's Waterfall tool comes with a traveling belt system to make the falls flow endlessly, and has an accompanying frothy turbulence going on at the bottom. But the river water in Thunder River has ripple morphs, and it either comes with, or he gives them to you after purchase, an animated pose file that puts the morphs to motion nicely with the flow of the waterfall. I just pulled that scene out for a look a few days ago. I want to add some additional fx via particles now. Otherwise - ready for film.

Sorry for blabbing. Miss you all. Miss Carrara. I want to post a dog gone render.

edited December 1969

Wow. Never saw that one before.
    Good word.
    I shall pronounce it: "na RIE ah twas", add an 'a' after the N for easy spelling, and remember this cool word for the rest of my days - however short that may be.
    At least I'll have Nariatwas at home with me in my own pretend temple. (You already know who the "R" stands for - who is, of course, based upon V) LOL

Thank you Wendy and Koukotsu for bringing these neat thoughts into my scrambled head! :)

Okay... now for sure... back to bed!

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited December 1969

It looks just like me!

With hair...

Thankies, Holly :cheese:

I'm trying to learn how to use Carrara without Cows, just to challenge myself. Decided to go back to The Hundred Acre Quadrant project. (Everybody remembers The Hundred Acre Quadrant project I let go when life got evil, right?).

Just posted this over in the Star Trek thread, but it goes here too :coolsmirk:

Amidst general absurdity on ptrope's bridge, a voice can be heard saying:

"We are The Lovey Borg.

Your cuteness and cuddly distinctiveness will be added to our own.

We shall become the cutest and cuddliest species in the Galaxy. We will be Irresistible, thus proving that resistance is futile!"

lbrg.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 574K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Don't think galactic conquest will be so easy for the Beargs! You've forgotten about James Tibearius Kirk!

Star-Bear.jpg
    800 x 600 - 210K
    edited May 2013

hahha :) you two are cwaking me up :)

I was in Freemantle markets a long time ago and there, up on the wall behind one storeholder was a black T shirt with a picture of Mr Spock in drag.

Spock was wearing a very nice black lace number, fish net stockings, ruby red lipstick and just a dash of purple eye shadow.

The writing next to his pic said "Beat me up Scotty"[/em]

I didn't buy the t shirt of course, I already had a few at home..... ;) just kidding

edited December 1969

TOON HAIR freebie is up. http://carraracafe.com/forum-3?cid=25&show=250

This time I was careful to remove any mip map images so it should be compatible with earlier versions of Carrara 6 – 8

Doc3.png
    600 x 600 - 384K
    edited December 1969

This time I was careful to remove any mip map images so it should be compatible with earlier versions of Carrara 6 – 8

Thankies again!

We'll see how it goes on Leopold Stuffed-Cowski.

Now I'm wondering if the mip-map thing is why I had troubles with the last hair (yeah, I'm still not using the beta) (no real reason, I just never got the urge to install it).

edited December 1969

Don't think galactic conquest will be so easy for the Beargs! You've forgotten about James Tibearius Kirk!

Isn't he out of uniform?

That's Indecent Southern Exposure!

It's aginn' regulations!

hahha :) you two are cwaking me up :)

I was in Freemantle markets a long time ago and there, up on the wall behind one storeholder was a black T shirt with a picture of Mr Spock in drag.

Spock was wearing a very nice black lace number, fish net stockings, ruby red lipstick and just a dash of purple eye shadow.

The writing next to his pic said "Beat me up Scotty"[/em]

I didn't buy the t shirt of course, I already had a few at home..... ;) just kidding

I want one of those shirts!

edited December 1969

Thankies again!

We'll see how it goes on Leopold Stuffed-Cowski.

Now I'm wondering if the mip-map thing is why I had troubles with the last hair (yeah, I'm still not using the beta) (no real reason, I just never got the urge to install it).
    I will have to go through the other freebies I posted and remove their mip map shaders....

• Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
    edited May 2013

I've been lurking around here long enough.
    Here is a link to a 3 minute teaser of my current animation project.
    ( So far I have about 20 minutes of animation done)
    Never would have been able to do this with out everybody's help on this forum.
    So thank you all.
    Warning it's educational so It might be like watching paint dry.
    ( Though it does get a little more interesting near the end)
    All modeled in Carrara, I don't think there is any post effects aside from Titles.
    Oh and this is very low res version, the real footage is sharp 1920X1080 HD
    http://vimeo.com/66845337

Thanks again

Post edited by Box8068_31c338ee4b on
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

8068 said:
    So thank you all.
    All modeled in Carrara, I don't think there is any post effects aside from Titles.

Thanks again

That was completely awesome. James Clerk Maxwell just sent you a fist-bump from beyond the grave!

• Box8068_31c338ee4bBox8068_31c338ee4b Posts: 292
    edited May 2013

[That was completely awesome. James Clerk Maxwell just sent you a fist-bump from beyond the grave!
    Thanks Garstor!
    I see you know your Physics.

Post edited by Box8068_31c338ee4b on
    edited December 1969

8068 said:
    So thank you all.

Thanks again

Very nice job! I didn't think it was boring and found it very educational.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,674
    edited December 1969

8068 said:
    So thank you all.

Thanks again

That was very cool, I love learning about different theory. Really great visuals. :D

edited December 1969

I haven't posted anything to this thread in awhile. I have to get off my arse and do something for it!

edited December 1969

A still shot from an animation I'm working on. I will break the scene down so that I render in four layers so that I can composite them in FCP. The first layer will be the star field, the second will be the black hole, the third will be the asteroids and the fourth and final layer will be the Cygnus.

Cygnus_approach_layer3.jpg
    720 x 480 - 243K
    edited December 1969

reminds me of that old adage, if you live in a glass house don't throw asteroids :)
    btw shouldn't they have some moss on them?

• The Pencil NeckThe Pencil Neck Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Experimenting with Luxus. I threw this together but then had some issues and couldn't save it.

I don't like the composition on this picture, so I'm going to re-do it and change some things up.

attempt001_v001.jpg
    1920 x 1440 - 235K
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

head wax said:
    reminds me of that old adage, if you live in a glass house don't throw asteroids :)

SPACE MOSS!

• The Pencil NeckThe Pencil Neck Posts: 163
    edited December 1969

Experimenting with Luxus. I threw this together but then had some issues and couldn't save it.

I don't like the composition on this picture, so I'm going to re-do it and change some things up.

Wow.

On my work monitor, this is WAY too dark.

edited December 1969

head wax said:

You haven't seen the animation yet! A rolling asteroid gathers no moss!

Or is that, "in space, no can hear the moss?"

edited December 1969

It looks as if you're off to a good start. BTW, it's pretty dark on my monitor as well.

edited June 2013

looks like a good start, maybe you could drop the light vertically so that it illuminates the characters?

• FractalDimensiaFractalDimensia Posts: 0
    edited June 2013

Wow! It's been an entire week since anyone has posted on this thread!! I had to dig down to page 3 to find it! =D

Here is a WIP as part of a storyboard for a short story animation. Finally getting around to working with Genesis and animating characters. I am beginning to see why I have been waiting on this! =/

Used:
    * Michael 5
    * Valiant clothing (modified)
    * Daz Horse 2
    * Knightly Barding (modified)
    * Lisa's Botanicals (various)

No post-render editing was done.

Knight_09.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 599K
    Post edited by FractalDimensia on