Comments

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

Here is mine:

Photostudio_020_004.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 69K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

That looks great! Did you use a plugin to get te velvet look, or did you use dynamic hair?

• edited December 1969

Sweet! I really enjoy your rendering style - as you know :)
    So, do you think that Aiko, for sake of example, could be easily animated once inside Blender? Just curious.
    I have the latest Blender but haven't had any time to try anything in it. Gorgeous interface, though!

Nothing can be easily animated once inside Blender :-)

...but on a more serious note, I've tried numerous methods with every Poser compatible application you can imagine and none of them seemed to produce usable results the last time I checked.

I believe nothing short of re-rigging and new weight painting could make it happen, unless there is some sort of Blender plug-in/addon that I'm totally unaware of.

I have learned to love Blender in spite of it's flaws though, the variety of available renderers especially ;-)

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Koukotsu said:
    Sweet! I really enjoy your rendering style - as you know :)
    So, do you think that Aiko, for sake of example, could be easily animated once inside Blender? Just curious.
    I have the latest Blender but haven't had any time to try anything in it. Gorgeous interface, though!

Nothing can be easily animated once inside Blender :-)

...but on a more serious note, I've tried numerous methods with every Poser compatible application you can imagine and none of them seemed to produce usable results the last time I checked.

I believe nothing short of re-rigging and new weight painting could make it happen, unless there is some sort of Blender plug-in/addon that I'm totally unaware of.

I have learned to love Blender in spite of it's flaws though, the variety of available renderers especially ;-)

Cool render, Koukotsu, very glad to see you are back! :) The cloth looks seriously great, maybe you've come across a workable method there; I'm going to have to start trying to learn Blender.

Also wanted to compliment the last render I saw you post in this thread (it's now your profile pic). I was locked out of the forums back then (unintentionally by the forum/store changes as I simply could not log in and post), and that turned me into an occasional lurker. But I wanted to say it was fantastic, one of the best character renders I've ever seen in Carrara.

Missed you, glad to see you back around :)

edited December 1969

Really nice render Koukotsu! Your subjects look sexy as always! My only quibble is that it's not larger enough!

• edited September 2013

It's great to see that you've returned as well JonStark, and thank you, I'm very flattered :red:

...and EvilProducer, I just happen to have a newer and slightly larger version with me today, I fear I may have post-worked it to death though, lol.

I think it still looks kind of cool ;-)

BCRed-1.png
    370 x 1252 - 300K
    Post edited by K0daKumi_8e8836aac0 on
  • kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

Koukotsu said:
    I think it still looks kind of cool ;-)

Very cool, indeed!

edited December 1969

Very Nice! Dart will be in lust- I mean love with a new Mullberry render!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,219
    edited December 1969

Koukotsu said:

The same could be said about me and my Carrara Pro, if only it had flaws! :)
    edited December 1969

The Girl 6 rendered in Carrara 8.5 Pro using Carrara Shaders for everything, HDRI, Global Illumination, Indirect Lighting, Sub-Surface-Scattering, raytrace soft shadows etc.
    Whoa yeah! Awesome Ringo! I wanna see more Ringo Renders! Can I?
    edited December 1969

EddyMI said:
    Here is mine:
    Very cool! Is that sss on the cup?
    Also, I really like the coloring on that dress.
    edited December 1969

I ain't just me, ep... admit it!
    Damn girl... Your Mulberry renders are just plain hot!
    edited December 1969

Admitted.

edited December 1969

Admitted.:ahhh:

edited September 2013

That looks great! Did you use a plugin to get te velvet look, or did you use dynamic hair?

Hi EP,

yes, it's a plug in: Digital Carvers Guild's Shader Ops, The Fake Fresnel. As recommended by PhilW in another thread.
    And the hair is Dynamic Dolce Hair

Post edited by EddyMI3D on
    edited December 1969

EddyMI said:
    Here is mine:
    Hello Dartanbeck,

I think the cup you ask for is a candle. Yes, I put SSS on it.

• TerritanTerritan Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

An old scene that I'd been working on. Still had to add things like silverware and food stains, and figure out why that one glass had the halo around it, but still I was pleased with the way the flecked linoleum and refraction through the glasses turned out.

Dinerscene.png
    640 x 480 - 209K
    edited December 1969

Great light effects,
    let the dinner begin!

• GarethGareth Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I agree with EddyMl :) really nice lighting.

• TerritanTerritan Posts: 76
    edited December 1969

Thanks. I'd put that together in C7, just reopened it in C8.5 today once I realized that yes, I had that scene on this computer, and rendered straightaway.

The compliment on the lighting got me wondering, so I checked. I used three bulb lights directly over the table, and two tube lights in a 42'-long "ceiling" reflector. I wanted to try to replicate the lighting conditions in a diner, so I got the hanging fixture above the table and the concealed fluorescents that reflect off the ceiling for ambient.

Incidentally, checking that out I saw where I botched something on the tube lights, and then found a bug with the tube light's controls. Will report that, and continue tweaking. It may even be time to whip up some silverware.

edited December 1969

EddyMI said:
    EddyMI said:
    Here is mine:

Hello Dartanbeck,

I think the cup you ask for is a candle. Yes, I put SSS on it.
    Um... yeah... um... that's what I... Oh crap. LOL

• edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Genesis which way to turn.

Impressed.

Shawn.

God Bless.

edited December 1969

Another one... ;-)

EnglishVillage_001_002.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 510K
    edited December 1969

ManStan said:
    Genesis which way to turn.

Impressed.

Shawn.

God Bless.Where did you find this one, could you give a link to the post? Or is it just a few page back?
    Thanks.
    Dartan

edited December 1969

EddyMI said:
    Another one... ;-)
    Awesome!
    Also, I really like your sig! I shall try to ;)

Here's a painting I just made in Dogwaffle using a test render of a failed attempt, so the image would have otherwise been tossed.
    I think I like it, but I really have to work on my signature stamp. Right now it's just plain ugly! lol
    I'm still stuck inside the Carrara Freebie: Fantasy Village by evilproducer... I just love this scene!

EnterVillageCenter1bpdB.png
    1280 x 720 - 2M
    edited December 1969

That one looks good, really.
    I have no experience with Dogwaffle...

edited December 1969

Nice paint effect Dart! I'm glad you're getting some good use out of the scene. I still haven't forgotten the idea I have for my next project, but I haven't had time to really sketch out my ideas. I want to add some of my own buildings to the environment, so I need to sti my ass down and come up with some concept sketches.

edited December 1969

EddyMI said:
    That one looks good, really.
    I have no experience with Dogwaffle...
    The effect that makes it look painted is an 'oilify' filter. While I was beta testing the new edition of Howler 9 (Dogwaffle Pro - which is made for animation work as well) I asked him if it would be possible to add the oilify filter to the animation timeline effects - he had a working version of it the following day for me to test!
    In the first minute and forty seconds of my DIM 101 video, I open with animation sequences. All of the traveling lens flare effects, lightning and digital grading I performed using Howler 8 & 9. I still think of it as the perfect addition to the Carrara workflow - but there are a few people that disagree. Me? I love it!

Oh.. and... Thank you!

Here is what I was testing:
    This shows it with way too much effect for this purpose. I just wanted to see if it would work. It's an automatic SunRays system I'm working on.
    This is with no post work except for my Sig.

Sunlight_Test_2ae.png
    1280 x 720 - 998K
    edited December 1969

Nice paint effect Dart! I'm glad you're getting some good use out of the scene. I still haven't forgotten the idea I have for my next project, but I haven't had time to really sketch out my ideas. I want to add some of my own buildings to the environment, so I need to sti my ass down and come up with some concept sketches.
    Man, I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve, my friend! This scene kicks some tall ass! I love it!
    edited December 1969

So I'm a perv. ;-)

This is a walk cycle that I did for Aiko 3. I used Sparrowhawke's free Jiggle modifier on the figure.

I also converted the walk to an NLA clip, which I certainly don't mind sharing.

The caveat is that I've discovered a nifty little trick. My clip has both arms swinging at the figure's sides (I didn't include the hands in the NLA clip so I could pose them later). I found that if you have the hands (for example) use the IK tracking modifier to track another object, it will over-ride the clip settings for that IK chain. In the video, I parented a Target Helper to the hip, and had the right hand track it so that it makes the hand appear to rest on the hip. The hand and arm would essentially mirror the arm swing of the left arm if it weren't for the tracking modifier. The clip contains no data for the tracking modifier or keyframes it generated.

Here's the Youtube video and a still frame.
    http://youtu.be/nkWBRuJlQhA

Picture_1.png
    719 x 480 - 173K