steveh - renders

thephotosnapperthephotosnapper Posts: 0
edited April 2013 in Art Studio

Hi all !

As some of you may know I first came across Daz Studio earlier this year after searching for 'greebles' on the net.
This led me to the work of Stonemason and slightly embarrassingly my first post on the forum here was to enter his competition.

I have been wanting to make some more posts so thought I would start a thread where I could upload my work.
I have just finished a Digital Matte Painting course and was lucky enough to have been awarded a place in the top 3 students for the work I produced. I wanted to take this further and create a sci-fi cityscape so used Daz Studio to render out various elements (which I'm sure you will all recognise - also a massive thank you to all the vendors for creating such amazing items) and combine them along with my photos / painting in Photoshop.

The matte is titled - Assault On Time

assault_on_time_final.jpg
1500 x 638 - 421K
Post edited by thephotosnapper on

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

All I can say it why be embarassed with art like that. LOL Excellent work. I really like this a lot and it is something I have always wanted to do...one day I will.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Spectacular.

• thephotosnapperthephotosnapper Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    All I can say it why be embarassed with art like that. LOL Excellent work. I really like this a lot and it is something I have always wanted to do...one day I will.

Very kind :) thank you.
    On the embarrassing comment - just meant I didn't want to seem like I turned up to see if I could win something then disappear lol.

Steve.

edited December 1969

I wouldn't have thought any less of you if you did but I am sure glad you shared that image with us and hopefully more in the future. Hey I even voted for one of yours. :P

edited December 1969

Szark said:
    I wouldn't have thought any less of you if you did but I am sure glad you shared that image with us and hopefully more in the future. Hey I even voted for one of yours. :P

And it's very much appreciated :)

I will certainly be posting more images as I get time. My other work is not really relevant to the forum as it contains no 3D.
    I should update my profile with my website but if you wanted a peek in the meantime -

stevehorsfallphotography

edited December 1969

Oh love a bit of photography..went straight to the macro. Nice work with that side too now I really hate you....in a nice way though. :)

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160
    edited December 1969

steveh said:
    Hi all !

As some of you may know I first came across Daz Studio earlier this year after searching for 'greebles' on the net.
    This led me to the work of Stonemason and slightly embarrassingly my first post on the forum here was to enter his competition.

I have been wanting to make some more posts so thought I would start a thread where I could upload my work.
    I have just finished a Digital Matte Painting course and was lucky enough to have been awarded a place in the top 3 students for the work I produced. I wanted to take this further and create a sci-fi cityscape so used Daz Studio to render out various elements (which I'm sure you will all recognise - also a massive thank you to all the vendors for creating such amazing items) and combine them along with my photos / painting in Photoshop.

that's awesome!..hope to see you post some more
    which matte painting course did you do?

Cheers
    Stefan

edited April 2013

steveh said:
    Hi all !

that's awesome!..hope to see you post some more
    which matte painting course did you do?

Cheers
    Stefan

Thanks Stefan ! That means a lot :)

The course was David Luong's Matte Painting Course at CGWorkshops through the CGSociety.
    (I have seen your gallery on CGSociety and I am a huge fan. Amazing work, very inspirational!)
    My final piece chosen is currently being shown on the top scrolling set of images on the CGWorkshops section.
    The Painting is titled 'The Oceans Return' and depicts a dried out canyon with rusted boats where the seas have just begun to flood back in. If you wanted to take a look the image can be seen here -
    The Oceans Return

As so many others have, I would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for the awesome items you create and I will continue to use them in my future work of which I intend to post here when time allows.

Steve

Post edited by thephotosnapper on
  • BlackFeather1973BlackFeather1973 Posts: 739
    edited December 1969

Excellent work, Steveh.
    I'm keeping my eye on this thread.

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,317
    edited December 1969

The Ocean's Return is a great concept!

• Sky HndxSky Hndx Posts: 142
    edited December 1969

A great find! Nice work, glad I popped in.

• ecoleenaecoleena Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Awesome ! Great ! Epic !
    Sara

edited December 1969

Thanks everyone !

Knew it would be an 'as I get time' situation for my posts but thought I would upload this work in progress image.
    Top image showing the original GIS Nova geometry, and then my WIP after some texture/light messing and photoshop work.

WIll be be cropping to 2.25:1, focusing a little more on the windows and then adding to the external environment with maybe some kind of mining colony or scientific survey.

nova_view.jpg
    1500 x 1772 - 519K
    edited December 1969

Stunning! I can't say much more as I am gob smacked.