anatomy is grey for genesis 3 and 8

Tried adding the defult genesis 3 genital and it came out grey or silver no matter what I did. 

I have tried 

-selecting the genital and adding skin content (nothing happend)
-download a diffrent genital, specifaly "New Gens For Victoria 8" that was compatible with 3 (not grey, but dosen't match the colour of the rest of the skin)

-selecting muf.duf form the character content (only one works and the skin's too dark)

useing the surface selcet tool to copy hip and paste to the genital ( I can only selcet the head/torso/legs and when I paste any fo em, the colurs way off

any suggestions? I tried all these steps and still can't think of anything. (excuse my poor english)

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Have you applied the gential skin to your G3? Or the "normal" skin? The genitals have their own skin preset. For Victoria 7, check out the Iray material folder and look for "Victoria 7 Gen MAT".

As for the new Gens, I don't own that product; but I've heard that the products from other sites often do not accept the gen materials that come with characters, as they have a different UV mapping.

• Tried adding the defult genesis 3 genital and it came out grey or silver no matter what I did. 

Yes, that's right, they're supposed to load untextured.

I have tried 

-selecting the genital and adding skin content (nothing happend)

Hover your mouse over the texture icon in the content pane. Does it say "preset hierarchical material" or just "preset material" in the File Type near the bottom of the popup box? Hierarchical presets include settings for the figure plus any extra bits parented to it. Don't select the extra bit, select the figure, and the extra bit materials will automatically apply when you click on the figure's skin icon.

• gederixgederix Posts: 390

If you choose a figure that comes with materials for the 'anatomical elements' (in the store some figures list the fact that they have anatomical mats, if its not listed chances are they are not included) you can apply the gens mats as you were initially trying, by selecting the gens and dblclking the gens mats (in some instances it helps to use the surfaces tool and use the surfaces pane to select the desired surfaces before mats will apply but I think just for applying skin/gens mats it should not be necessary). If you do not see any gens mats in the figure's materials folder and the skin mat is not heirarchical as spottedkitty describes above then things get more complicated as you will have to resort to creating the mats yourself somehow. Or using a gen prop that auto generates the mats like you are trying.

• gederix said:

If you choose a figure that comes with materials for the 'anatomical elements' (in the store some figures list the fact that they have anatomical mats, if its not listed chances are they are not included) you can apply the gens mats as you were initially trying, by selecting the gens and dblclking the gens mats (in some instances it helps to use the surfaces tool and use the surfaces pane to select the desired surfaces before mats will apply but I think just for applying skin/gens mats it should not be necessary). If you do not see any gens mats in the figure's materials folder and the skin mat is not heirarchical as spottedkitty describes above then things get more complicated as you will have to resort to creating the mats yourself somehow. Or using a gen prop that auto generates the mats like you are trying.

I figured it out as New Gens For Victoria 8 has a feature that matches whatever skin may thingy you use. I had to add the gen, load the mat, and click the update thingy that comes with it and it finally worked.
  • Hey :)

where do you get the anatomy details like genitals from?
    I bought the anatomy boundle but they don't show up as a prop!

• Hey :)

where do you get the anatomy details like genitals from?
    I bought the anatomy boundle but they don't show up as a prop!

Genitals are found under tha Anatomy tab

• Kyan001Kyan001 Posts: 75

I've tried, still grey. Any solutions?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987
    edited October 2018

You mean, you bough the "pro" package of a character? There's no separat package for gens in the DAZ store.

In any case, if you apply the textures, make sure you have the character selected in the scene pack.

Post edited by BeeMKay on
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232

Also, remember that if the material setting is hierarchical, it will only apply to the anatomical bits (or any other extra bit, such as the eyebrows) if they've been parented to the figure. The extra bits should automatically parent when you add them to the figure, but there are ways to make this fail.

• Hey guys im having the smae problem, as soon i aply it, it turns grey, can someone help please?

• Which anatomy? Are you applying materials to it, or reaplying them to the base figure, or both? Which characters have you tried?

• KainjyKainjy Posts: 747
    If you need genitals you must use characters skin with anatomical/gens materials. Not all character skins have genital materials.