Illuminating The DIM Bulb Of Garstor

2»

Comments

• GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

I'll have that scotch now... since you're pouring ;-)
    Ahhhh smoooooth! Nope... hold the rocks. I don't like water in my alcohol.

Good man! Neat is the best way. Speyside or island? I love Highland Park 18-year old.

Okay, back to installs now...it's the V4 Hair stuff that I am dreading...but if I keep plugging away, bit by bit, then I may yet have some time to do the Carrara render that I "owe" EP.

edited December 1969

Alright, I realize now (too late!) that downloading everything was a mistake. :roll:

I have most stuff installed now -- I think. There will require a few manual installs; notably poses that cover both V4 and M4 (i.e. That's Amore). When you install an item in one runtime, it gets removed from the "Ready to install" list. So that would be another Nice-To-Have Feature -- the ability to install to multiple runtime locations.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    Alright, I realize now (too late!) that downloading everything was a mistake. :roll:

I have most stuff installed now -- I think. There will require a few manual installs; notably poses that cover both V4 and M4 (i.e. That's Amore). When you install an item in one runtime, it gets removed from the "Ready to install" list. So that would be another Nice-To-Have Feature -- the ability to install to multiple runtime locations.

I see this in the Changelog:
    Added support for a single file being dropped to multiple versions of an application

edited December 1969

I see this in the Changelog:
    Added support for a single file being dropped to multiple versions of an application

Cool! Thanks for letting us know about that.

In other news, I am adding the runtimes to my laptop version of Carrara now. After that, I'll test accessing the runtimes from the UNC share on the big server. Fingers crossed...

edited December 1969

I guess I'm whipping this topic pretty hard.

Well, I've noticed that the new runtimes on the laptop do not match up with the server. As just one specific example, in my "Animals" runtime, I have MATs from Classic Cats...but I don't have the actual Millennium Cat model to apply them on. As much as I find DIM to be a step in the right direction, if it doesn't actually know about every purchase that I've made, then its value drops considerably.

I am heartened by what Andy and Mike have mentioned though.

In the mean time, I am going to have to manually install a lot of stuff. :blank: