DSON Importer for Poser BETA (1.0.1.40) Update!

DAZ_BrianDAZ_Brian Posts: 345
edited May 2013 in Poser Discussion

DAZ 3D is pleased to announce the public version of DSON Importer for Poser BETA, version 1.0.1.40!

What is a BETA?

Despite our best efforts, DAZ 3D cannot possibly test the software under all possible conditions. So, we are providing this version of the application to the general public in order to uncover problems that were not discovered during internal testing. We expect that there will still be problems and we hope that when users encounter any problems, they will report them to the Bug Tracker so that they can be validated, prioritized and fixed.

As with any software classified as being in the BETA phase of development, you should expect to encounter bugs. Any bugs you do encounter while using BETA software can vary in terms of severity, from minor features that do not work correctly to problems that cause your computer to crash. Before choosing to use BETA software for production purposes, you should decide whether the benefit of new features and bug fixes provided by the BETA version outweighs the risk of instability you may encounter.

What is new in this version? Do I need to update my copy?

The 1.0.1.40 version resolves several issues and implements many improvements since the 1.0.0.56 General Release. All new downloads of the DSON Importer for Poser BETA product (SKU: 16190) will be of this version. A Change Log with additional information can be viewed online within the Documentation Center portion of our site.

Highlights are:

- Added support for the OpenSubdiv Catmark subdivision algorithm
- Added support for subdivision edge and/or vertex weights/creasing
- Added support for Hierarchical Pose Presets
- Added support for non-normalized TriAx Weighted figures

Has the Genesis Starter Essentials content been updated too?

No, the Genesis Starter Essentials content that is provided with the product has NOT been updated.

How do I get the latest version?

If you have previously added the DSON Importer for Poser product to your account, you can locate the BETA within the Product Library [once you are logged into your account] by entering "DSON Importer for Poser BETA" into the text field near the top left of the page and clicking the "Filter" button, or by clicking here. Then, simply click the "Download" button next to the file(s) you wish to download and install.

If you have NOT previously added the DSON Importer for Poser product to your account, simply follow this link, click the "Add to Cart" button on the page and then follow the checkout process.

Can I have the General Release and the BETA installed at the same time?

The simple answer is... You can only have one version of the DSON Importer for Poser can be installed at a time.

The more complicated answer is yes, but you can only have one version of DSON Importer for Poser installed per installation of Poser 9/Pro 2012. Poser 9 is only 32 bit, while Poser Pro 2012 offers the ability to install both a 32 bit version and a 64 bit version.

Is there any documentation?

Yes, documentation is located here. Within the User Guide section, you will find information relating to:

- Installation and Requirements
- Using the DSON Importer for Poser
- Converting Content for use with the DSON Importer for Poser

Post edited by DAZ_Brian on

Comments

• Philippi_ChildPhilippi_Child Posts: 648
    edited December 1969

I am afraid I am confused. My download page only has the 1.0.1.56 available for download. Be patient I have been gone for a while so all this is new to me. ;)

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,180
    edited December 1969

I am afraid I am confused. My download page only has the 1.0.1.56 available for download. Be patient I have been gone for a while so all this is new to me. ;)

You won't have 1.0.1.56 available to download, as that version doesn't exist at the moment. Your options are the General Release (1.0.0.56) or the BETA (1.0.1.40). <<-- The links will take you to the respective <a href="http://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/">Product Library page, when logged into your account, if DSON Importer for Poser exists in your account.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Since this is listed as a beta, it is not in any way considered a release candidate?

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

So far it seems to work the same as the released version. I was hoping it would improve the pokethrough on V5, even after Transfer Active Morphs is run. Poke-A way on the collars shrinks the bare shoulder noticeably...

DSONBEta_40_test_V5.jpg
    468 x 683 - 51K
  • Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,982
    edited December 1969

Find with this latest version and last version to some extent, I am having to use Shaderworks Library Manager as for what ever reason Poser's built in library manager is playing up when ever I load in a genesis character. Well it starts out fine then it starts to slow down to the point where it does not update or show a thing in the library and in the end Poser's Library manager becomes useless..

Do not have this problem with Gen 4 just Genesis not sure how to fix it either.

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

Are you using Poser Pro 2012, or Poser 9?

edited December 1969

Poser Pro 2012 with the latest service release.

edited December 1969

ghosty12 said:

Have you tried going into preferences and disabling the external library? I believe that was a past solution to the problem. Also go into the DSON Importer preferences and disable the importer progress bar or whatever it's called. I have done both of these things and I haven't had any problems.

edited December 1969

ghosty12 said:

Have you tried going into preferences and disabling the external library? I believe that was a past solution to the problem. Also go into the DSON Importer preferences and disable the importer progress bar or whatever it's called. I have done both of these things and I haven't had any problems.

Thank you will look to see if that fixes things, just seems a pain to have to turn off the external library / PMD part of Poser to get it to behave but at this point I will try anything, thank you again.. :)

edited December 1969

ghosty12 said:
    ghosty12 said:

Thank you will look to see if that fixes things, just seems a pain to have to turn off the external library / PMD part of Poser to get it to behave but at this point I will try anything, thank you again.. :)

The library uses Adobe Air, and has always been problematic in one way or another for some people, even before the DSON Importer was created.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,786
    edited December 1969

I've never had any problems with the external library.