Valkyrie Helmet?

digitelldigitell Posts: 558
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Does anyone know where I can find a helmet similar to this? I dont really need a whole outfit..but just a helmet. One that is just a section of headband with the wings on each side so you can see the persons face. I have enclosed this sample..I would be happy to pay a fair price..any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

wg_valkyrie-sm.jpg
600 x 800 - 75K

Comments

• The_MomsterThe_Momster Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

The one I have is part of a character set from Phoenix1966 called Kara Norse Elegance at Renderosity.

Valkyrie1.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 545K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited April 2013

If not wanting an entire outfit, the Viking crown in Merlin's Medieval Crowns & Bracers pack is the best one I can think of...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/merlins-medieval-crowns-bracers/68421/

It's for M4 & V4 but doesn't take much adjustment to fit to Genesis either.

Post edited by Jabba on
  • digitelldigitell Posts: 558
    edited April 2013

Hey thanks Momster..I have search Rendo, here, Content Paridise and RDNA and have not found anything..I will look for that at Rendo! Hopefully maybe it is still available for sale! THANK YOU!! :)
    Awww..they are no longer a vendor there :(

Post edited by digitell on
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    If not wanting an entire outfit, the Viking crown in Merlin's Medieval Crowns & Bracers pack is the best one I can think of...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/merlins-medieval-crowns-bracers/68421/

It's for M4 & V4 but doesn't take much adjustment to fit to Genesis either.

Hey Jabba101, Thank you! That is a good one too!! I dont know, but seems the "search" tool just does not show all items related to what you are searching for. Thank you so much! :)
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

digitell said:
    Does anyone know where I can find a helmet similar to this? I dont really need a whole outfit..but just a helmet. One that is just a section of headband with the wings on each side so you can see the persons face. I have enclosed this sample..I would be happy to pay a fair price..any help would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

OOOOOO.... a challenge! I'll get back to you.

edited December 1969

wancow said:
    digitell said:

OOOOOO.... a challenge! I'll get back to you.
    LOL..OK Thank you Wancow!! :) Cant wait to see what you find! :)

edited December 1969

I had part of it made and HEX crashed... GRRR... give me a day, can you give me a day? Please give me one day!

edited December 1969

OMG you are making one??? Very cool!! I will buy from you! Sure..I wont be starting on this project for 2 more weeks but am searching for pieces I need..so there is lots of time!! THANK YOU!! Let me know when you get it ready and I will buy it! Thanks again!! :)

edited December 1969

I'll do my best work then. I'll let you decide what it's worth.

edited December 1969

is this pretty much how it's supposed to be worn? This is basically the frame... the almost plane white part...

vmask.jpg
    764 x 545 - 32K
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    is this pretty much how it's supposed to be worn? This is basically the frame... the almost plane white part...

Hi,,Thank you for working on this..I think that looks good. It appears like the part that sticks down is suppose to go on the nose because is looks like it should conform to the nose. The piece should fit V4..are you using V4 for the model it goes on? Thanks again for doing this. You will let me know how much you want for it! ? :) If I dont reply tonight dont freak...sirens are going off..storm warnings out and power has been going on and off :/
    edited April 2013

V4, okay. I'll just use the Genesis V4 morph then. Fewer Polygons, less taxing on Hex...

By the way, you're using Poser or D|S? I can set it up for D|S 4.5, if not, I'll have to export it as an OBJ.

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    V4, okay. I'll just use the Genesis V4 morph then. Fewer Polygons, less taxing on Hex...

Hi..It need to be Poser compatible..I dont use Daz Studio..I use Poser Pro 2012..is this a problem?
    edited April 2013

no. The OBJ setup is the same. I'll UVMap it and set up material zones normally... you'll just have to deal with the materials after you have it. It's best as a parented prop anyway, so it shouldn't be a problem.

Well. If it were going into D|S, I'd leave it in its base cage, but it should still be okay after subdivision.

Post edited by wancow on
    edited December 1969

OK great and OBJ will work perfect. Thanks again! I really appreciate it!

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

There is Svana

http://www.daz3d.com/svana-v4

Link is for V4 but there is also a Genesis version as well.

edited December 1969

Thank you so much icprncss! I got Wancow making me a helmet now tho so this search for me is done. Someone else may very well be interested in it tho. Thank you again!! :)

edited December 1969

one thing that makes this easier is that I don't have to worry about collision detection, etc... but I will do my best to make it a good model... here's my progress so far.

vmask2.jpg
    842 x 561 - 20K
    edited December 1969

wow..you work fast! I so wish I knew how to do this stuff! It looks great! I have no doubt it will look beautiful! :) There are not any winged helmets on any of the sites that I have searched so you may be able to get quite a bit of sales from this too should you decide to put it on the market. There is one that I saw on Daz here but you have to buy a whole outfit. This helmet will look gorgeous on my warrior lady! Great work!

edited December 1969

I'm working on the feathers now... I thought you'd appreciate them being... a little more defined than on that image you posted, that okay?

edited December 1969

Oh yea! The feathers are the most important..the warrior lady is to be a angel and she will also be having very large feathered wings on her back. I am so excited! Thanks so much! :)

edited December 1969

then that is what I shall do... I'm going to take it into DAZ Studio and bake the shaders onto it... the image shows a very pearlescent type material, so I'll see If I can create a texture set that will give you that... So far as all those lines on the mask, I'll get you the UVS so you can apply displacement mapping. I'm not at all familiar with how Poser handles those, but I know it's vastly different from D|S, so I'm afraid you're on your own there... I'll also try to define material groups so they are somewhat comprehensive... I"m only using UVMapper Classic, so I'll do what I can with that. Hexagon will let me unwrap UVS but won't let me define more than one material on the same object group, I have to rely on UVMapper for that.

edited December 1969

Hey sounds great to me! I am just glad to have the model itself! Going to bed now but will be back online early in the morn.
    If you wanna email me, you can do so at: chris @ digitelldesign dot com ;)
    Thanks again and good night!

edited December 1969

I hope to have the preliminary obj in your mailbox tonight.

edited December 1969

done modelling for the night... this looks like it might be the final geometries...

vmask3.jpg
    842 x 561 - 56K
    edited December 1969

here's a render in D|S and it showed me I still have to fix a couple of things... but what do you guys think?

valk4.jpg
    800 x 800 - 136K
  • KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited April 2013

I think "wow!"

But also, did you try to slightly, just slightly, bend/curve some of the feathers so they won't all be on the same plane?

Post edited by Kattey on
    edited December 1969

you mean like this?

valk5.jpg
    800 x 800 - 116K
    edited December 1969

okay, I finished it... :)

I think this is done. Exporting from D|S to Poser Scale and firing it off...

Here it is fit to Victoria 4

valk6.jpg
    800 x 800 - 178K
    edited December 1969

It is beautiful!! Great Job! I sent you an email. Now to get you paid! Thank you so much..this has been such a huge help to me! May I look you up again if I ever need something created?? :) Cheers!! Check you email!