Possible to change forum password?

larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Does anyone know if you can change your forum password? When I log into my profile I can not because under username and password I am not given the option.

Right now I have one of those randomly generated system passwords which I have no intention on memorizing so it would be nice to have a password I could remember.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

The link you shared will only update the store password.

I originally changed my store password and that is what broke my forum password. My store password still worked, but I couldn't get into the forum. Right now my store password still works and is not the same as my forum one. So I can sign into the store easily, but not so much for the forum.

Thanks though

edited December 1969

Maybe a forum mod could clarify something for you?

• kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Have you tried "your control panel" top right of this page.

Cheers
    GG

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited December 1969

It is in your control panel under "Username and Password"

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

Presumably you can access the forum, though? Unless you are using a second account? I can, or should be able to, make password changes but I'm not sure that that would be wise even if you are willing to trust me with your password - it might break something even more.

edited December 1969

kiwi_gg said:
    Have you tried "your control panel" top right of this page.

Cheers
    GG

That has not worked for me. I tried but it keeps saying the current password is wrong. Maybe a support ticket would be helpful. They might be able to fix the problem.

edited December 1969

@ kiwi and Frank "your control panel" and "username and password" won't let me change password, doesn't even have the option to change the password unfortunately. And since you can't change usernames that page is useless for the time being.

Richard, I can access the forum now that I reset my password, but it is random and hard to remember. I tend to keep the same store/forum password and right now they aren't the same because I can change my store password but not the randomly generated forum password.

I'll open a support ticket.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited July 2012

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am so far past exasperated with Daz at this point.

Was there any resolution to this???

When I tried to log in, with my "USERNAME", the PC forum decided that apparently the username was now my email address, but I didn't realize that. So I had a new password sent and now I have this stupid random password that CAN NOT BE CHANGED!!!!!!!!!!!

There's a PLACE to change username and password, but the only thing you can do is put in your CURRENT password and click update. NO options for a changed password.

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Login has always been the email address, even on the old site.

edited December 1969

took them a week or so to reply to my original complaint but at that point they told me to just always log into the store since you know that password and then visit the forum afterward, so that is what I have been doing. I can't remember my forum password either...

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

I know this is about 20 days old, but has anyone had any luck with this? I just clicked on an email link, went to log into the store, and it said it didn't recognize my username password combo. So I get the random one, and go to change it and nothing. What is the point of that link in the control panel? It's like going round and round and round. I would really appreciate being able to control my own password, Daz.

And I know that the mod's aren't at fault, and I will be putting in a support ticket, cause out of all of the broken things, this is the one that, to me, is seriously annoying. Most everything else, I'm happy to wait for, but this? Yeah, not so much.