How Do I Download My Purchases?

DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 289
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello.

Seems the DAZ site has changed and I can no longer find the "My Downloadable Products" section in my account. I just made a purchase and cannot figure out how to download my items.
Somebody please help.

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

My Account, from top right of the page. Product Library form the top line. filter by purchase date and your lates purchases will be in a list on the left, click on one and you will get the available downloads.

• DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 289
    edited December 1969

Oh WOOOOOOOOW! Now THAT'S COOL! One of the best upgrades DAZ has done to this site! I just wish that when they did this type of thing they would inform their customers. It would make things a bit less confusing.
    So ... no more having to ask for a "reset" if you want to re-download an item? That's nice too.
    Thanks for your assistance chohole!

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited April 2013

Hmmm... Thats seemingly cool.

But it won't let me look at anything beyond the first page of my library!

I love upgrades.

Luckily I was only checking out this new feature and I don't actually need to download anything.

But... I do like the fact that it shows an image of the product.

Hopefully one day it will allow me to go beyond page 1.

I'll wait.

Edited to add- The filter feature does not work either, nor does the "sort by" buttons.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I love upgrades.

Luckily I was only checking out this new feature and I don't actually need to download anything.

I'll wait.

Edited to add- The filter feature does not work either, nor does the "sort by" buttons.

You need Javascript enabled AFAIK.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Spit said:

I love upgrades.

I'll wait.

You need Javascript enabled AFAIK.
    Hmmmm, that could be the culprit because my filter buttons and the filter box all work, and I'm seeing numbers 1 through 5 ... 66 in little buttons at the end of the first page of the alphabetical list of my purchases, that allows me to navigate to any page in my Product Library.
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

Java is enabled... it appears to be a Safari issue... I just updated FireFox to the most current for my OS and I can use the buttons and other features.
    I'm on a MAC and I usually use Safari... if FireFox works for downloading, I'll go with that... I usually DL whatever I get and store it on my Aux HDs... "Just in case"... I really haven't gotten much new since the site change, so hopefully I'll remember to use FF whenever I shop again.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I still like the feature, it seems helpful.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,191
    edited December 1969

The "Product Library" is not working for me either, using Chrome on Windows XP with Java enabled. I can't get past the first page, the filter doesn't work, it won't sort by purchase date ... so I can't download today's purchase.

:coolmad:

edited December 1969

I just booted up Chrome (on Win 7) and logged in and it works for me.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

I have a W7 machine but have not yet tried it. Here is the response from DAZ Tech Support:

Kraig Hausmann, Apr 16 10:17 (MDT):
    Hi Gary,

Several users are reporting this issue or a very similar one. Please help us research and resolve it. On the 'Product Library' page, right-click. In Google Chrome, you'll get an option to 'View Page Source.' Choose this option. In a new page, you'll see the html code for the page appear. Send us all this code for the page in a text document so we can study it. Thanks.

END QUOTE

I sent the HTML code back to him, we'll see.

edited April 2013

Good. It is nice when things do get sorted. My XP macine is not connected to the web at the moment. In fact it is not connected to anything, just sitting there waiting for me to see if I can get organised enough to find space to set it up again. Only really have room to have 2 computers set up for now. and himself won't give up on his little machine as he enjoys palying silly games on it.(like Cribbage and Scrabble and upmteen varieties of card games that don't need any access to the internet).

Post edited by Chohole on
  • UHFUHF Posts: 512
    edited December 1969

I dooo not like this change. I bulk buy lots of stuff, and this requires a lot of clicks to make anything happen. Heck I was mad when the new interface removed MAC file filtering.

Is there any way to get the old menu back?

edited December 1969

What is a 'DIM' file? Is that for MACs? I have no idea why I'm being told about it. I mean... Do I need it? What I really need to see, is what I need to download. Nothing else adds value, and only hinders the purchase process. (If it ever told me about updates since last download, that would be valuable...)

edited December 1969

How come Daz is now letting me download ZIPs. I though they didn't like ZIPS.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

The DIM version is a zip file. They can be downloaded in bulk using the Install Manager.

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

In case anyone hasn't noticed yet, I went looking for an old product I purchased back in 2009 because I didn't have it listed in my offline order history spreadsheet.

Turns out it was part of a bundle I purchased that day, and now the store tells you if it was part of a bundle directly below any download links in your Product Library.

Now THAT's kewl. I don't know how many folks were always posting they couldn't tell from their order history if a product was part of a bundle or not, OR if they knew it was part of a bundle, what bundle it was part of.

Now it's all there for everyone to see. :coolsmirk:

edited April 2013

UHF said:

DAZ 3D said some time ago that they were going over to zip files. Quite a lot of the back catalogue was converted to zips because Mac users with the newer OS Xs could not use some of the installers. Zips are also usable by both platforms, so no need for separate download files for Mac and PC

The DIM made it all possible, and is very good at dealing with bulk downloading, it is what it there for.

It is not mandatory to use The DIM, but it does help a lot, even if it is just as a downloader, if you don't want to use it as an install assistant.

DIM is Download and Install Manager

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    UHF said:

DAZ 3D said some time ago that they were going over to zip files. Quite a lot of the back catalogue was converted to zips because Mac users with the newer OS Xs could not use some of the installers. Zips are also usable by both platforms, so no need for separate download files for Mac and PC

The DIM made it all possible, and is very good at dealing with bulk downloading, it is what it there for.

It is not mandatory to use The DIM, but it does help a lot, even if it is just as a downloader, if you don't want to use it as an install assistant.

I didn't get the memo... and I will refrain from saying something nasty about Daz.

To my eyes, there is no benefit to what they've just rolled out. 2 years ago it would filter the download options (Poser, Daz, Mac). That stopped. Now I have more decisions, more choices (undocumented), and more clicks to do a download.

What would actually be useful is filtering my download options so I don't have to think, and gods be praised, some way of telling if something was updated. (Like every other webpage.)

(Download reset was a minor nuisance compared to filtering and updates. IMO)

Slowly downloading now...

edited December 1969

UHF said:
    chohole said:
    UHF said:

I didn't get the memo... and I will refrain from saying something nasty about Daz.

To my eyes, there is no benefit to what they've just rolled out. 2 years ago it would filter the download options (Poser, Daz, Mac). That stopped. Now I have more decisions, more choices (undocumented), and more clicks to do a download.

What would actually be useful is filtering my download options so I don't have to think, and gods be praised, some way of telling if something was updated. (Like every other webpage.)

(Download reset was a minor nuisance compared to filtering and updates. IMO)

Slowly downloading now...

DIM will do all that for you.

• DarkElfDarkElf Posts: 289
    edited December 1969

I love upgrades.

I'll wait.

Hmmmmmmmm. Now THAT'S a bummer! Just when I thought DAZ had made some nice changes. Well, hopefully they will get things sorted. : )

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

I cannot filter/sort or go past the first page. I can see some of the products but for some the little wheel keeps going around.

I do not want to have to use a different browser. I use windows 9.

Due to some other issues, I have'nt been at DAZ for a week or so sheesh!

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    chohole said:

I have a W7 machine but have not yet tried it. Here is the response from DAZ Tech Support:

Hi Gary,

Several users are reporting this issue or a very similar one. Please help us research and resolve it. On the 'Product Library' page, right-click. In Google Chrome, you'll get an option to 'View Page Source.' Choose this option. In a new page, you'll see the html code for the page appear. Send us all this code for the page in a text document so we can study it. Thanks.

END QUOTE

At Kraig's request, I sent the HTML code a second time yesterday (Tues.) I just tried the Product Library on my WinXP 32 bit machine running Chrome. No go. It works OK with Win7 64 bit, also running Chrome.

• edited December 1969

Ok I am more confused now by this (though I do love the searchable feature, etc. There are more links to files now, am I correct to assume that the zip files that do not have the DIM next to them are mac only (I'm on PC). But if I don't use the download manager I should still be able to install files via the DIM zip? Because that seems a lot easier than going through installers one by one

Plus I would think (tell me if I'm wrong) if this is the case, couldn't you unzip a few items into a folder that were related (say for instance you bought I don't know a dress and then texture sets) all into one file and then rezip them so it's all together (meaning for archiving for reinstall, I know you can always redownload each but that's a pain in the butt.

edited April 2013

Yes I have been downloading and unzipping the DIM files manually quite happily since this new setup appeared.

Normally you are right that the zip files are for the Mac, as long as there is also an .exe file with the same name.

Some of the older content was repackeaged into zips, which are used by both platforms, because the newer Mac OS Xs cannot handle some varieties of the installer. If you have any of these to download you will not see an exe file, just a zip and a PDF to download.

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

I do manual install for everything too. The only tiny problem I have with zip, is that sometimes I can't extract the files from them. Surreality's Amalie didn't let me extract some files from zips but 99% them was fine and installer was fine too. Don't know why. It is sort of random thing and pops only rarely.

edited December 1969

Kattey said:
    I do manual install for everything too. The only tiny problem I have with zip, is that sometimes I can't extract the files from them. Surreality's Amalie didn't let me extract some files from zips but 99% them was fine and installer was fine too. Don't know why. It is sort of random thing and pops only rarely.

Are you on Win7? There's a weird bug in the built-in unzipping -- I find on my computer it doesn't like zero-length files, although from the MS support forums it can show up in other ways.

edited December 1969

Steve K said:
    Steve K said:
    chohole said:

Hi Gary,

END QUOTE

At Kraig's request, I sent the HTML code a second time yesterday (Tues.) I just tried the Product Library on my WinXP 32 bit machine running Chrome. No go. It works OK with Win7 64 bit, also running Chrome.

It looks like the problem is solved. My "Product Library" is working once again in WinXP using Chrome. It always worked in Win7 with Chrome.

edited December 1969

Steve K said:

It looks like the problem is solved. My "Product Library" is working once again in WinXP using Chrome. It always worked in Win7 with Chrome.

I spoke too soon, its not working again.

• GrazeGraze Posts: 418
    edited May 2013

Can someone explain the difference between each of the download options?

Thanks.

PS. I'm downloading for a PC

Image1.jpg
    646 x 168 - 14K
    Post edited by Graze on
    edited May 2013

The DIM file is a zip which can be used for both platforms. Does not need to be downloaded using the DIM, can be used manually as any other zip

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

THe other two files, the .exe is for PC and the .zip is for the Mac, and simply contains the .exe installer in a format that the Mac can read.

These type of files are going to be phased out over time, as per this announcment. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/20834_4/