Mixamo and Genesis - DAZ issue a policy statement on this?

wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
edited December 1969 in The Commons

http://www.mixamo.com/

Has DAZ issued a policy statement on uploading Genesis to Mixamo yet?

Comments

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Last time Mixamo advertised here at DAZ was back in the DS3A/Gen 4 days. I have some of the motion packs in my DS3A content library. Are you asking about uploading the Genesis mesh to re-rig it?

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

uploading Genesis to apply animations to it.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,594
    edited December 1969

I would say NO since it isn't "your" character/mesh/model/etc, it is DAZs and that would be redistributing their property.

The main point of Mixamo is for aspiring game developers or those interested in animations to upload their own meshes to have them rigged and imported back into the animation program of their choice.

edited December 1969

No, the point would be to get animations from them that are adapted to the Genesis rig, not to re-distribute the mesh or rig. The question is: dos DAZ have any kind of deal with them on this? They have V4 and M4 up.

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited April 2013

AFAIK, M4 and V4 are as far as it went. If there are no Genesis packs either DAZ has chosen not to release it to them or there is a reason on Mixamo's side.

Have you submitted a ticket to Zen Desk about this?

Post edited by icprncss on
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited April 2013

One would think since the license for Genesis is free that they could download their own copy and just distribute the animations.

Post edited by agent unawares on
    edited December 1969

icprncss said:
    AFAIK, M4 and V4 are as far as it went. If there are no Genesis packs either DAZ has chosen not to release it to them or there is a reason on Mixamo's side.

Have you submitted a ticket to Zen Desk about this?

Not yet. Was just asking to find out if anyone knew before I did. From what I see, nobody has access to the uploaded figure save the client who uploaded it.

I'm hoping DAZ will okay it for this simple reason: Genesis being what it is, when you scale it you change the rig... so it would reduce the amount of work necessary if it's okay to do so...