Creating Sub-Category

So I have been on an OCD warpath lately.  Been creating products with proper metadata and image thumbs for all my 3rd Party content to get it to show up in Smart Content.  Which for someone like me is a dream come true!  I can't stand trying to find things in my Content Library, so to have the ability to load up a V4/M4 etc character and click on Wardrobe and have all my 3rd Party clothes show up right there with the DAZ content is awesome!

Ok, so my new dilemma is how I can sub-categorize this stuff.  For example, I have been creating Presets for charactes with morphs and clothing already applied and saving them for use in the future.  I have them turned them into Smart Figure content and they show up appropriately, but it would be nice to have my own custom category instead of the pre-defined Fantasy, Real World and Stylize.  For instance, I would like to create one called Comic Book.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks

Comments

• TooncesToonces Posts: 919

Sure. Right click on an item. Click Categorize...

Right click on a category > Create > Sub-category...

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603

You can also create sub-categories from entire folders instead of doing them an item at a time. Right click on the folder in the library and you'll see a "Create a Category from" in the menu. This has sub-menus for selected folder only or selected folder and sub-folders. Chose one of these and navigate to the category where you want to put it and the selected folder and all it's contents will be put there as a sub-category. If you chose to use sub-folders it will create sub-categories in the same structure as the folders in the library. The sub-categories are given the same name as the library folders, you can rename them afterwards.

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

I created a tutorial on categorizing.  You can find the link in my signature.