Eyes and teeth too bright.

SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
edited December 1969 in New Users

Got my scene set up how I want it, but when I render it V4's teeth and eyes are way too bright - almost glowing. How do I stop this please?

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Surfaces Panes, probably Specular Strength and/or Glossiness and make sure ambient is turned off. Aslo do you have white lighting and white (pure white) teeth etc? Try changing the diffuse colour of the teeth to just off white, lets face it only pure white teeth come from bleaching and such and look false anyway. ;)

Didn't I give you this link before http://homepage.eircom.net/~neilvpose/ds-settings.htm if no give a good read. :)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited April 2013

Click on Victoria and then click on the surfaces tab (if you don't have it up, right click any of the side panels and add it). Under the name 4_Teeth you'll find the surface information. Check the ambient channel and if there's anything in the 'ambient strength' reduce it down or remove it entirely (0% = no ambient). That should solve your problem.

Edit: Beaten by a hair :D

Post edited by Herald of Fire on
    edited December 1969

I have loads of long hair but I am not a hair, so there. :P

• SteveM17SteveM17 Posts: 971
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Surfaces Panes, probably Specular Strength and/or Glossiness and make sure ambient is turned off. Aslo do you have white lighting and white (pure white) teeth etc? Try changing the diffuse colour of the teeth to just off white, lets face it only pure white teeth come from bleaching and such and look false anyway. ;)

Didn't I give you this link before http://homepage.eircom.net/~neilvpose/ds-settings.htm if no give a good read. :)

Problem solved after altering ambient, cheers guys.
    And thanks for the link, very useful.

edited December 1969

Nice one. I give that link out to so many people I find it hard to remember. :)