Ridiculous

geoff_d5b50fd3bcgeoff_d5b50fd3bc Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

That any major dot.com would roll out this fiasco. I'm sure the QA people must have told them it was about 3 years away from prime time. My patience is growing thin.

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

What were you trying to do?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189
    edited June 2012

What is the issue your having?

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • geoff_d5b50fd3bcgeoff_d5b50fd3bc Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

There should be no try..Only do!

Latest fiasco is attempting to DL a file from downloadable files (this weeks newsletter freebie), two attempts unsuccesful and now an expired link. Very unproffesional..

edited December 1969

I got logged off of the forums while trying to reply to this topic.

• helgashelgas Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I am surprised that you ask this question at all? This is the most pityful launch of any website I have ever witnessed. It is unfinished and it looks unfinished. Another question: What does work? I can list at least a page of what is not working but nothing comes to mind that is working. It is either completely broken or has intermittend problems.

For me it is a pain to post anything. When in the forums I am loged in. I type my message and hit Submit. I am asked to log in again. This log in panel looks different from the ususal og in. It looks very much like a test panel that was left behind by mistake.The log in of course doesn't work since I am already loged in. In the process my message gets deleted and the circle starts again.
    Now I found out that Preview Message makes it possible to avoid the log in again problem.

Do you know how annoying this can be?

I am still another person. I still get this persons wishlist.
    I can't sort my Order History.
    I can't do any searches for anything.
    I don't dare to purchase anything because DAZ will store my CC info against my will.
    It is difficult to trust a Website in such disarray.
    It is very difficult to get inspired by an Art Contend Provider with a website for the color blind. Where is the Art?
    I was a PC Member for 6 years and I was very loyal. I only bought from DAZ. Well, this has changed drastically.

Now Previe Post + Submit doesn't work either. There was the stupid panel again telling me I must be loged in to post. I am loged in for crying out loud.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,140
    edited June 2012

Is there any truth to the rumor that other 3D content website technicians have been helping re-launch the DAZwebsite? :ohh:

I want to be a fly on the wall at DAZ staff meetings. :vampire:

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited December 1969

Is there any truth to the rumor that other 3D content website technicians have been helping re-launch the DAZwebsite?

Magento is not a 3d provider but rather the provider of the software. They are the ones who are helping. That sounds like a rumor someone made up out of sheer snarkyness.

edited December 1969

I heard a rumor that cats will sleep with any cat of the opposite sex. That is why I need to get my kittens fixed before they become sexually mature.

edited December 1969

I've heard the same.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited June 2012

cridgit said:
    So the platform is Magento then is it?

Note to self ...

THAT EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!!

It's The Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants.

All they did was switch the "e" and the "n" in Magneto to hide their true identities...

Post edited by Sockratease on
  • atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Hmmm, I just downloaded this week's freebie with no problems. IE 9, Windows 7, 32-bit.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

I heard a rumor that cats will sleep with any cat of the opposite sex. That is why I need to get my kittens fixed before they become sexually mature.

We had 2 females pregnant at the same time, mother and daughter. And the male--the $%^& tomcat from the street behind us. He was the father of the daughter.

Yes, get Melody fixed ASAP.

edited December 1969

Yup, of the ones they looked at it was the closest to what they needed. Which I am pretty sure they will admit was no where near close to what they really wanted.

edited June 2012

AtticAnne said:

We had 2 females pregnant at the same time, mother and daughter. And the male--the $%^& tomcat from the street behind us. He was the father of the daughter.

Yes, get Melody fixed ASAP.

Why do they call that getting them "fixed" anyway?

You aren't fixing anything.

You're breaking it!

edited December 1969

Why do they call that getting them “fixed” anyway?

You aren’t fixing anything.

You’re breaking it!

No one who has ever had to deal with the smell of cat spray or a female in heat believes that it isn't fixing a known issue.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,714
    edited December 1969

Khory said:

Yup, of the ones they looked at it was the closest to what they needed. Which I am pretty sure they will admit was no where near close to what they really wanted.

Considering the licenses start at $14,420 per server per year, I would have expected some more...

edited December 1969

Khory said:

You’re breaking it!

No one who has ever had to deal with the smell of cat spray or a female in heat believes that it isn't fixing a known issue.

We had a female cat that would spay everything of mine. Wouldn't go near my wife's stuff. Just mine.

edited December 1969

Khory said:

You’re breaking it!

I have.

But you're still breaking the animal - not fixing it. They don't call it fixing the cat spray or a female in heat issue, they call it fixing your pet.

It's grammatically incorrect and must not be tolerated! :coolgrin:

• TorbyTorby Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Should I stash away in memory, "Magneto is one to avoid."?

• chikako_8af55a8a68chikako_8af55a8a68 Posts: 83
    edited December 1969

Are you sure it is Magento? I saw at one point a reference to Expression Engine.

Our parent company was evaluating Magento at one point, but it was a horrible user experience for CMS for those who need to update it regularly. It does have an ecommerce solution which is supposed to be very strong.

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

Are you sure it is Magento?

I am pretty sure yea. It has been mentioned on the boards a number of times. It is misty because I looked so long ago but I seem to recall different stores that used magento. MTV and something else I recognized but can't recall right now. There just isn't an overall perfect "3d brokerage store solution" out there that they could select. And even had it been the perfect store set up I am willing to bet there would be glitches. I've had very little trouble with the DAZ site myself. Not so true for KOBO, Barns and Noble (where I had most of the problems people have complained about here except the caching issues) and a good double hand full of sites I have visited recently just to get prices on stuff. None of them even have the excuse of a new site.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,221
    edited December 1969

Yes, the system is Magento and the forums are ExpressionEngine, which is apparently what Magneto came with.

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited June 2012

dubble poost.

nuttin to see here.

edited June 2012

cridgit said:
    Lookie what I found ...

Instigator.

Good find!

• Dumor3DDumor3D Posts: 1,316
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    Khory said:

Considering the licenses start at $14,420 per server per year, I would have expected some more...

Sheezh!!! I'm pretty sure our company could have built them their own system and provided hosting service for about two years of that rate. After that, it would only be hosting and updates. What a total rip off. And this forum? What are they using for storage? Flat text files? Anybody ever heard of ORDER BY reply_date DESC? Apparently every forum I've ever visited besides this one. I can't fathom the incompetence of the installer! And as the topics and post increase, the mess just grows. I would demand my old site and all of my money back. This whole thing is a disaster. Bugs, yes, I would expect bugs on a release of this magnitude. Every bug should be fixed within hours of being reported. If it can't be, the software is bloatware. Poor Daz seems to have been sold a bill of goods that is obviously a bill of bads.

We're working through the new section 508 accessibility needs for websites at the moment. Wow, what is poor Daz to do? Much of this fiasco isn't even accessible to the non-impaired!

As for fixing or breaking cats.... well, why do we park in our driveways and drive on the parkways? And around 6 or 7 months for fixing (AKA breaking) a female. I would try for more like 5 to 6 for males if you vet will do it then.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

dumorian said:
    Anybody ever heard of ORDER BY reply_date DESC? Apparently every forum I've ever visited besides this one. I can't fathom the incompetence of the installer! And as the topics and post increase, the mess just grows.

I agree. It's as if they did it on purpose. I mean they changed the ordering of the new posts okay, why not order by the reply date instead? It boggles the mind.