Daz keeps freezing up?

DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

My daz studio keeps freezing up I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesn't seem to help, any suggestions?

Comments

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,559

I've had DS crash a few times but I know why... too many programs open when rendering. It only freezes for a time if I do something really stupid.

If you want a reply you really need to describe the situation... is it a new problem, does it freeze forever, what are you doing when it freezes, does it freeze during render, what are you system specs?

You can't expect someone to suggest a solution without some details to go on.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

I'm having the same issue, Daz Studio freezes for a while when I try to load a new character or apply a new texture or add something to my scene. I figured it was a beta glitch since I'm using the new beta.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383

Check the log file to see if you have any warnings in it. The log will tell a lot.

I'm having the same issue, Daz Studio freezes for a while when I try to load a new character or apply a new texture or add something to my scene. I figured it was a beta glitch since I'm using the new beta.

I think it's normal for DS to take a while (freeze) to add a character to a scene or a texture. Even more so if your scene is already heavy. And even more so if you're doing an undo of a delete or merge. I suppose we need to distinguish between a lag and a freeze. I'm assuming the OP is saying a freeze that can't be recovered from.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    fred9803 said:

I think it's normal for DS to take a while (freeze) to add a character to a scene or a texture. Even more so if your scene is already heavy. And even more so if you're doing an undo of a delete or merge. I suppose we need to distinguish between a lag and a freeze. I'm assuming the OP is saying a freeze that can't be recovered from.

No, it will do it when I first load Daz too and add only one thing to an empty scene. It never used to do that - or if it did, it was never this bad. It will freeze up and go gray like it's going to crash, but then I wait and wait and it finally loads whatever it is I tried to add to the scene. I've been using Daz for over a year and a half and this freezing up (or ultra lag) is new for me. 

Well the last time I had a problem with stability I had to roll-back my NVIDIA driver because the new one crashed DS whenever I stopped a render. Probably not the same issue.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

If you are viewing in Iray Mode it sometimes takes a little while for the scene to render when adding or changing something.

• One thing to check - do you have the LaMH Iray Catalyzer? The original store release had issues like that, there is an update but I'm not sure if it's in the store version yet or not. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/188806/released-lamh2iray-catalyzer-1-3-update-available-commercial/p1

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

It will freeze up for at least 10 min, loading some things cause it but a lot simple things like clicking a different item in the scene tab will make it freeze up, I'll check  catalyzer I'm not sure which version of that I  have installed

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Oddly enough I think it was being caused by catalyzer, I wasn't using it when it froze up but after installing 1.3 so far things seem to be working, it was installed for a while before the problems started though 

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603

I've was having problems with a progressive slowdown of the release version of Studio. It happened if I selected an object in the scene. At first it would pause for a few seconds but it built up until it was freezing for several minutes everytime I selected something. Once the freeze had finished I could move and pose the selected character normally, but if I then selected someting else I got a longer freeze up. I've switched to the beta version and so far this has been working OK.

I have got Catalyzer but I wasn't using it. It shows up as an installed plugin on the release version but not in the beta version so that might be what is causing the difference. DIM shows it as not being installed and I can't find an un-installer for it. I'm reluctant to try installing it via DIM in case I break the beta as well.

• Yoyu can test it by finding its entry in Help>About Installed Plug-ins, unchecking it, and restarting DS - if that fixes your issue (as I suspect it will, the slow down has nothing to do with using the plug-in) then you can look at updating it.

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603

Thank you Richard, that fixed the problem. It also fixed the problem I was having of renders locking up the computer so much I couldn't even cancel them, which I thought was just because my computer wasn't powerful enough.

• One thing to check - do you have the LaMH Iray Catalyzer? The original store release had issues like that, there is an update but I'm not sure if it's in the store version yet or not. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/188806/released-lamh2iray-catalyzer-1-3-update-available-commercial/p1

I'm told the update is in the store version too.

• This is an old thread and I stumbled on it by accident.

I had a simular problem where DAZ Studio would hang and / or crash when I added content to a scene.  This would often happen when adding the first object in a scene.

I uninstalled and re-installed DAZ3D, Install Manager and CMS.  This did not solve the issue.

I discovered that the issue was related to OpenGL settings.

My solution:

I added DAZ3D to my NVidia list of 3D applications on the NVidia control panel.  This solved the issue.

• Hello guys. I am also facing with this problem. Especially when i use move tool or rotate tool daz studio freezes and makes it impossible to work with. can anyone please help? 

• jhand002jhand002 Posts: 10

Hello all. I'm having similar troubles with DAZ Studio whenever I use the Surface Selection Tool. The program locks up, then unlocks after a few moments each time.