I didn't know Carrara could do that!

david_macraedavid_macrae Posts: 109
edited October 2017 in Carrara Discussion

After taking a break for a few months I am getting back into3d animation I have gotten quite good with character animation. but do not know much about physics and fracture (modifiers or modeling). I am creating a Kaiju vs mecha animation. I am  Using Beo2k10 vs Sixux1's monsters. I am using Poser for the character animation. In poser I have storyboarded parts of the fight and am using Dreamlands city modules. Then I saw this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjX-0Fd61AM

And realized I can do all the destruction etc. And really want to lean that part. Especially how to break apart an object for destruction like the car hitting the wall in the video and falling building pieces and the ground splitting open. I also saw that the telephone pole wire was animated when falling and would love to learn how that was done. 

I am very interested in any tutorials on those areas and would love to find any tutorials. 

I also just learned about the carrators forum and posted over there.

Thanks, David

Post edited by david_macrae on

Comments

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738

The creator of that video is a prolific poster in this forum, a great guy with the username DUDU.  Yeah, Carrara is pretty amazing in what it can do.  I've been using it for years, and I still learn new things it can do all the time.  :)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

Yeah, that's really cool stuff!

DUDU rocks, and I think he might even post a bunch of his workflow ideas over at Carrarators' forum(?)

A community Project webspace for Carrara Animators!!!

Oh... but now I see that you've found that already ;)

• Ok so now I know DUDU is MHD Productions on youtube. He has an overview of how he did it that I have seen so far. And there seem to be a few tutorials in that section. What I probably need to start doing now is practice one technique at a time then ask when I have questions.

One thing I wondered is how you guys manage to animate with everything in one screen? I always have my sequencer/ graph pallette on seperate monitor in Poser, otherwise there is not enough space. The preferences has a multi setup but it has never worked for me.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

Working on one screen - I pull the timeline up and down a lot!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224

I never have a problem. In fact, I like the one screen. But that's what I'm used to. Just one big (but not by today's standards - mine is 21" or 23"?)

The timeline zoom tool helps when I need to get into tight spots, but I rarely use that.

Most of the time when I animate people, I save the data to an NLA (non-linear animation) clip and then save that clip to my browser - so it's done, and not taking up any space.

When arranging many animated things together into a single scene for rendering, those elements have already been saved to my browser so as I drag them in, they're in their own group, which I can easily drag around and otherwise manipulate (even scale, if need be) without disrupting the animations saved within.

• david_macraedavid_macrae Posts: 109
    edited October 2017

@PhilW Yes i see a lot of pulling up and down in my future.

@Dartanbeck I actually keyframe all my animation which requires me to need access to every joint and every bend and rotation. I would love to see a gui picker but there would still be a problem with it being in the same screen.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139

@PhilW Yes i see a lot of pulling up and down in my future

laugh

• david_macraedavid_macrae Posts: 109
    edited October 2017

Is there something I am missing I have tried to save a signature numerous times with and without picture with and without link. When I hit save it appears to save but then it is not there when I refresh and nothing appears in the forum. I see many people with signatures. What am I doing wrong?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,822

Is there something I am missing I have tried to save a signature numerous times with and without picture with and without link. When I hit save it appears to save but then it is not there when I refresh and nothing appears in the forum. I see many people with signatures. What am I doing wrong?

no idea, I have done it on Chrome on my PC and Safari on my iPad