Released: Skin Doctor - Dirt and Grime for Genesis 3 and 8 Females [commercial]

SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986
edited October 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

RiversoftArt and SF-Design are happy to announce the upcoming product

SKIN DOCTOR - DIRT & GRIME FOR GENESIS 3 AND 8 FEMALES

This is the first product of a new product line created by RiversoftArt and SF-Design named SKIN DOCTOR

Skin Doctor will include several products to alter the skin, add materials etc. 

Beside Dirt and Grime a module named "Wet and Wild" will follow (for wet skins, drops etc.) and others are planned, like tans, tanlines and sunburns,  make up, tattoos etc. 

Each product/module works stand alone, but if you have more than one module installed they all will be shown in the included powerful SKIN DOCTOR EDITOR and can be utilized there. A completely script driven panel that allows you to easily add, remove and alter the materials. It shows only the modules you have installed. Each module includes the SKIN DOCTOR EDITOR.

Skin Doctor is a panel and script driven skin add on solution consisting of different modules.
Each module can work stand alone, it is not needed to have the other modules. Modules can also be combined of course. 

The Dirt & Grime module provides 21 dirt/grime geo shell options for Genesis 3 and 8 Female based characters. 

The Skin Doctor Editor manages all the minutiae of selecting and creating geo shells, materials, and surfaces, while allowing you to change the colors and intensities of the various skin options easily and quickly. While other products provide you with 5, 10, or perhaps 15 presets to change colors or intensities, the Skin Doctor Editor provides an UNLIMITED number of intensity or colors options to craft your perfect skin look. You can for instance have the dirt options look like mud, dry dirt, sand etc. 

For this module you can use the Skin Doctor Editor to adjust the dirt/grime color to any color you want and the opacity with a step less dial. 
Several ready to use presets are also included for your convenience. 
Each applied shell can be hidden or shown individually and also set up individually with the Editor. 

This product is supposed to be used with IRAY only.

sd_dg_MAIN.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 513K
sd_dg_popup01new.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 245K
sd_dg_popup02new.jpg
1476 x 1476 - 464K
Post edited by SF-Design on

Comments

• This looks very useful guys, great work !

• SF-DesignSF-Design Posts: 986

This looks very useful guys, great work !

Thank you smiley

edited October 2017
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

This looks very useful! Sounds like each module will complement the others as well.  Looking forward to playing with this one.

• This looks very useful! Sounds like each module will complement the others as well.  Looking forward to playing with this one.

Thanks.  We hope so smiley

There was some confusion and we didn't put as many promos as we would like in the product.  Here is one (for another product I am developing) that uses Dirt and Grime on the girl:

Dirt and Grime.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 672K
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I understood what the intent was, it may be a day or two before I have a chance to use it but it will definitely cut down on the postwork for those renders involving not perfectly clean people.

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,757

Picked this up today.

Anyone try to use it to make blood yet?

avxp said:

Picked this up today.

I played myself withit for blood, will post a render soon for that. If you already have out WOUNDS AND BLOOD product this might be the better solution since it focuses on blood and wounds. 
    This one if for Genesis 8 Females. For Genesis 3 I have released this one in the past: https://www.daz3d.com/realistic-wounds-and-blood-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-female-s

Both are on sale at the moment

avxp said:

Picked this up today.

Here is a render where I chose dark red colors for blood. It strongly depends on the environment lights you are using how dark red it should be. 
    But as you can choose any color for the "dirt" it should be possible to find a red tone that suits your needs

dg_blood.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 528K
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Had a quick look at this after I bought it, and it's super easy to use, more so than other, similar products I have. Nice job by RiversoftArt and SF-Design.

• Had a quick look at this after I bought it, and it's super easy to use, more so than other, similar products I have. Nice job by RiversoftArt and SF-Design.

Thank you very much!  That is what we hoped people would think smiley  SF-Design concentrated on making a great product, and I concentrated on making it easier to use than other products.  

edited October 2017

Had a quick look at this after I bought it, and it's super easy to use, more so than other, similar products I have. Nice job by RiversoftArt and SF-Design.

Thanks a lot :) So it seems we managed to make what we intended to, to have a product that is very easy to use in particular when it comes to change colors etc. of the shells. 
    And it is encouragement for both of us to go on with our partnership :)

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

You are both very welcome. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. And I'm looking foreward to what comes next smiley

You are both very welcome. I believe in giving credit where credit is due. And I'm looking foreward to what comes next smiley

smiley thank you. We hope to be able to release the next module soon, it is still in QAV but in the final stages

edited October 2017

https://www.daz3d.com/realistic-wounds-and-blood-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-female-s

I just used the Wound Release for the blood in my recent book.

Not switched to Gen 8 yet so still using any Gen 3 products.

P.S.           I think it's very good that you are making products for both generations.

Post edited by Griffin Avid on
    edited October 2017
    avxp said:

https://www.daz3d.com/realistic-wounds-and-blood-for-genesis-3-male-s-and-female-s

I just used the Wound Release for the blood in my recent book.

Not switched to Gen 8 yet so still using any Gen 3 products.

P.S.           I think it's very good that you are making products for both generations.

Thank you :)
    I had a look , is the latest one "Blood Bath" from you? Looks good :)

Yes, since there is still a big demand on Genesis 3 products we decided to have those for both generations.

edited October 2017

More prominent in the part II that drops later today, october 31st.

Edited for the release

Post edited by Griffin Avid on
    avxp said:

More prominent in the part II that drops later today, october 31st.

okay, thanks :) It is always interesting how products I am (we are) selling are used in artwork

What's interesting is that your products look great and more importantly are EASY to use.

I can't rememebr how to use each of the thousands of products I have and a scene may involve dozens of products and tons of utilities.

Some that are used rarely.

So, for many things that I do, I have to figure out the product like it's the first time I'm using it every time.

I don't want to track down a PDF every time I need to do somthing more than dress a character.

And I even confuse products.

I take extensive notes on how I do stuff in case I need to walk backwards from an operation/experiment or I see something and want to repeat it later on.

I was battling another, similar product and the results were weird and it had a lot of steps.

Yours was a simple click and BOOM- looks like the promo shots.

Then, I am free to combine different sets and get variations and have more control over the results.

-------------

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    edited October 2017
    avxp said:

What's interesting is that your products look great and more importantly are EASY to use.

I can't rememebr how to use each of the thousands of products I have and a scene may involve dozens of products and tons of utilities.

So, for many things that I do, I have to figure out the product like it's the first time I'm using it every time.

I don't want to track down a PDF every time I need to do somthing more than dress a character.

I take extensive notes on how I do stuff in case I need to walk backwards from an operation/experiment or I see something and want to repeat it later on.

I was battling another, similar product and the results were weird and it had a lot of steps.

Then, I am free to combine different sets and get variations and have more control over the results.

-------------

Thank you very much!  That's what I love to hear smiley  We take pride in making things easy to use.  There are a few products that I absolutely love the promos but it is crazy difficult to achieve the same effect.  Or even worse, if you want to do something outside of the effects of the promos and it seems to be impossible.  It really doesn't matter how powerful a product is if you cannot figure out how to use it. cheeky

BTW, I checked out your page too.  Your graphics novels look really good and really professional.  Very well done.  Keep up the good work!

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
    edited November 2017
    avxp said:

-------------

Thanks a lot :)

This is , as RiversoftArt said, what I love to hear too. 
    I know what you mean, beside being a creator I am also a user and I have lots of products and prefer the easy to use ones as well. 
    Well, there are products that need to by kinda complex , this is not avoidable in some cases, but there are also some which could be way easier. 

I am very happy that RiverSoftArt and me have met and started to create together. His scripting knowlegde makes things possible I would not be able to do on my own. 
    For instance that product would have dozens of presets without scripts and not even half the features like changing to any color without doing that manually in the surface tabs. 
    This is far away from being easy and simple for the end user. 

I am sure you will like the next module too, "Wet and Wild", it is bigger and has more features and the nice thing is, both can be controlled wihtin the same SKIN DOCTOR EDITOR :)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Should this be installed via DIM or manually instead of via connect/smart content?

I d/l and installed via connect/smart content and when I click on teh script, I get an error message saying: people/genesis 3 females/materials/SF-Design/skin doctor could not be found in a mapped content directory. Check the installation and try again". (see screenshot)

I'm either hitting the wrong script....or something has gone weird. 

skindoctor.jpg
    1537 x 755 - 290K

Hi,

I suggest using DIM , just uninstalled and reinstalled with DIM here myself and it works fine. Please try that fist, after uninstalling it in the smart content pane. 

I do not know how that works with the "cloud" folder and the internal process Smart Content installation / Daz Connect is using. I never used Smart Content installation myself for any product. 
     "The could not be found in mapped folder" sounds to me like that there is a problem with your mapped folders that are set up in the content library manager or the content library database itself. 
    Daz creates all the packages, the DIM packages and the Daz connect ones, they know about what Daz Studio does internally when installing something via Daz Connect. 

Maybe uninstall it via Smart Pane and then try with DIM please. If that does not help, please contact Daz support. Have you had a look at your error log file yet? 

Thanks

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,369
    jakiblue said:

Should this be installed via DIM or manually instead of via connect/smart content?

I d/l and installed via connect/smart content and when I click on teh script, I get an error message saying: people/genesis 3 females/materials/SF-Design/skin doctor could not be found in a mapped content directory. Check the installation and try again". (see screenshot)

I'm either hitting the wrong script....or something has gone weird. 

It definitely sounds like an installation problem.  The script looks in your content directories, such as My Daz 3D Library for that subdirectory, e.g., C:\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\People\Genesis 3 Female\Materials\SF-Design\Skin Doctor  Does the directory exist on your system?  

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I installed only through smart content, as that is the only thing I use these days. And it can't be used from there it seems, I'm about to send in a ticket to support, as I believe they are the ones the fix the smart content things and question why it doesn't work, since they should have known it didn't if it had been tested (least that is my thoughts).

Since I only use Smart Content and didn't install anything through DIM, that directory doesn't exist on my system. Which might be the problem, and I admit I don't want to install through DIM as I prefer to have one place to find the content (that I buy from DAZ, contents from other stores are in the content library as usual) 

Carola O said:

I installed only through smart content, as that is the only thing I use these days. And it can't be used from there it seems, I'm about to send in a ticket to support, as I believe they are the ones the fix the smart content things and question why it doesn't work, since they should have known it didn't if it had been tested (least that is my thoughts).

Since I only use Smart Content and didn't install anything through DIM, that directory doesn't exist on my system. Which might be the problem, and I admit I don't want to install through DIM as I prefer to have one place to find the content (that I buy from DAZ, contents from other stores are in the content library as usual) 

Thanks for the information. Yes, the Daz support is the right address for issues like that, Daz builts all the installation packages and provides them through Daz Connect and DIM and manual Download as well. 
    I did not download and install our own product using Smart Content, only via DIM and manual. I will do so now to see what happens. I think they test the download via all channels before the actual release. Maybe it worked first, and broke someway with one of the recent updates... 

That's possible, and I hope it didn't sound like I was being angry or such at you and RSA, cause that was not my meaning :) I had a vauge memory of DAZ being the ones that made most of the stuff to make products work in smart content, so my annoyance were never at you two :) I only hope they are able to fix it as I do want to use the product and even working on a scene it can be useful in *chuckle*

No worries, you did not sound angry or such and I did not understand it that way, just they way you meant it :)

It is indeed Daz that make all the packages, we only submit a package with just the product not meta data etc, they do all that and handle the installers. 

I just tried smart content instllation, actually I noticed that some files do not appear in the folder, like the script itself. Well it is only a link there. 
    What you could try is to run the script from the SCRIPTS folder directly, you will find it in SCRIPTS / Riversoft Art / Skin Doctor
    Here it runs fine. But the link to that script in the material folder (where the user expect it) is missing. Phsycially it is there but does not appear in DS for some reason. 

I will contact the PA support about this too and ask them to have a look why this is. 

Cheers

just reported it, it is passed to the right department

Please do :) also, I tried to go through script but it didn't work from there either, not for me atleast. In the smart content pane it doesn't even show up in that area called script. I did find it when going to content library - daz connect - scripts.... and so on, but got the error message from there as well. 

Hopefully they fix it soon :)