Hierarchical Pose Editing - Tutorial

MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
edited October 2017 in Freebies

I did this up for someone else and thought I'd share.  Info pertains to Genesis 8 and 3 male and female.

To my knowledge, this is all correct.

I recommend using Notepad++ or simular to edit the files.

please remember to back up your files before editing.

*** Click image below for Full Size 1920 x 1080 ***

Hpose editing-01.png
1920 x 1080 - 392K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

appreciated!

--ms

• Eagle99Eagle99 Posts: 159

Nice one! Thanks Matty!

I recorded a macro in my editor (PSPad) to get rid of all "Translation" and "Scale" entries. So search for it (F3) and than run a recorded macro like up, Pos1, Shift, down, down.... , delete with F5 or so.

Speeds up the whole thing a lot and might save you from overseeing one "," or ")", etc. .

Kind regards,Eagle99

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879

You're welcome Mindson, Eagle99

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Even though I had a different problem with a Hierarchical Pose Set (the poses were for a car and supposed to not work without that special car...) this tutorial/explanation worked greatly for me when editing the .duf files to make the poses standalone (so I can use them for other cars).

In my case I had to remove all lines that had a ID and url line connected to the car(part/s), the ID line that parented the G8F to the car (by changing the "parent": "(car name)" part to "parent" : "") and then removing all the car-related entries in the "animations" part of the .duf.
    After that I could use the poses on a G8F and save them as normal poses, which I then can use with other car models after some slight adjusting.