Some questions regarding poses, horse armor, and outlines

PVGamesPVGames Posts: 68
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hello all, I just had some questions I am hoping someone can answer. Thanks!

1.) When using M4/V4 clothing on Genesis with the auto-fit tool, I noticed that those clothes lose all of their pose options... is there a way to get those back or is that the tradeoff with using M4/V4 resources on Genesis figures?

2.) I was interested in this horse barding: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/spinebender-and-astralarmor-textures-2/ however I noticed it is just a texture pack for something called "Spine Bender Armor" - however, I have been completely unable to find this anywhere in the store (I searched through all the horse and armor stuff, keyword searches, nada). Does anyone know where this armor can be acquired?

3.) I also came across this horse barding: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/dragon-lord-horse-armor/ but it does not show what horse it fits to (does it work with the Millenium Horse?) bonus question: why does it require the 'Dream Home Yard and Pool", as stated on its page? I am guessing this is just another bug/snafu with the new store.

4.) Is there a way to mirror poses easily? I know in Poser you could load a pose and if it was on the wrong side you could mirror the pose and it would automatically shift. Can DAZ do this? I've been unable to find such an option.

5.) In Blender you could render an object with a black outline around it, giving it an oldschool video-game graphic type of look. Can DAZ do something similar?

Thank you for any help and answers, I do appreciate it!

Comments

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited December 1969

1) Newer releases of DS4 (starting around DS4.5.0.39) preserve morphs with autofit.
    2) Unfortunately the required original is a retired product. :(
    3) Dragon Lord Horse Armor is for the MilHorse.
    4) Yes, On the Paremters tab, select the context-submenu at the top and choose Symmetry, Nodes: Root, Propagation: Recursive: Direction: Swap left and right, trunk notes: Mirror Y/Z.
    5) Possibly with some of the cartoon shaders, but I've never tried it.

• PVGamesPVGames Posts: 68
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the quick response Adamr001. The answers are very helpful!

Just a couple followups:
    1.) Where can I get the newest version of DS4 - is there an update function in DS itself or do I need to download/install it?
    2.) This question might be beyond your knowledge, but... why would they retire a product that is required for several other products... and those products are still for sale? With the lack of horse barding at all, it seems like it would be a good idea to keep that prouduct up for sale.

For the other questions, thank you very much for the answers, I will give them all a shot! Much appreciated.

• adamr001adamr001 Posts: 1,322
    edited June 2012

1) See the sticky at the top of this forum http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/1900/ ETA: Please note that this is a BETA / Release Candidate and you should read the post in question thoroughly before installing.
    2) The issue here is that DAZ owned the original product and the expansions are owned by a Published Artist. The PA in question has not removed the item even though the original DAZ item was removed almost a year ago.

Post edited by adamr001 on
  • edited June 2012

SuperGJ said:

4.) Is there a way to mirror poses easily? I know in Poser you could load a pose and if it was on the wrong side you could mirror the pose and it would automatically shift. Can DAZ do this? I've been unable to find such an option.

Shift+y is the shortcut for the Symmetry window. Make sure you have the parts you want selected before you bring the window up.

Post edited by omedhue_196e22b81c on