What's going on with my Sky/Background?

DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384
edited October 2017 in New Users

Why is the sky doing this and how can I delete it? It's an HDRI background/light set and well...I don't know what to do. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

QQ.jpg
1487 x 921 - 1M
Post edited by DDCreate on

Comments

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

You're outside of the defined Iray dome. This happens when your scene is larger than the defined dome size, and you move the camera outside of that invisible ball.

Either set the dome mode to "infinite", or increase the dome radius in the environment tab of the render settings until you no longer get the distortion. A word of caution, this can distort the image of the area, as it's no longer constricted to the size that the PA planned it for..

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Thanks Bee, I'll try that. Do you know how to delete it entirely? I can get rid of the head lamp blocker but how can I reset the image back to the grid?

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,987

Well, do you want it to provide light, or not?

If light=yes, then simply switch off the Dome visibility in Render SEttings-->Environment. I think it's the second or so option from the top. The background will then render blank.

If light=no, go to Render Settings-->Environment, look for the Dome map (it's somewhere close to the Dome visibility), and simple change it to "none".

Or, click on "default", that will also purge the map (and any other render settings).

• DDCreateDDCreate Posts: 1,384

Awesome! Thank you for both those answers. I'm not sure which way I'm going to go yet. I tried the HDRI first and messed it up so I haven't had a chance to try any other options.