Suggestion: Wind morphs for skirts

I want a product that has wind morphs for skirts. So the skirt can go up, down, left, right etc.

This is maybe hard to do, since there are many diffrent types of skirts but I'd buy this product 10 times.

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,025

You mean an universal products adding morphs to any skirt?  Since morphs are specific to a mesh I don't really see how that could be possible...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Doesn't Daz Studio 4.10... dForce do that?

• IsaacNewtonIsaacNewton Posts: 1,300
    edited October 2017

Assuming that the skirt is not a dynamic object, the only ways this is possible are:

1) Use specific existing morphs (or bones) made for the clothing item (as Leana indicates). If there are none on the original then you can ask the original artist to make an update for the item... well, good luck with that.

2) Make the morphs yourself, or create a a whole new rigging to add bones. This may take a while, depending on your skill and technical knowledge and the software you use.

3) Ask DAZ3d to add physics to DAZ Studio; such as gravity, wind, multi-object collision. If they did that then you would be able to get the effects you want easily. This idea has been suggested to DAZ very often and over a number of years. As there is still no such capability in DS.... good luck with that.

4) Use the "D-formers" in DS to move parts of the skirt to the place you want. You may need several D-formers to get the effect you want. They are blunt tools (in my opinion), but with patience you may get there. Good luck.

Post edited by IsaacNewton on
  • 3) Ask DAZ3d to add physics to DAZ Studio; such as gravity, wind, multi-object collision. If they did that then you would be able to get the effects you want easily. This idea has been suggested to DAZ very often and over a number of years. As there is still no such capability in DS.... good luck with that.

As Chohole pointed out, this is currently in beta testing, so patience is required.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

3) Ask DAZ3d to add physics to DAZ Studio; such as gravity, wind, multi-object collision. If they did that then you would be able to get the effects you want easily. This idea has been suggested to DAZ very often and over a number of years. As there is still no such capability in DS.... good luck with that.

As Chohole pointed out, this is currently in beta testing, so patience is required.

public beta, surely.    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/203076/daz-studio-pro-beta-version-4-10-0-101-updated/p1